volvo s40i

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Thought I would post this here as well.

Question for everyone. What is your opinion of the 2006 volvo s40i? My wife and i have been tihnking about trading in the 01 cobra for one and i wanted to get a few opinions. i know i will miss the cobra, but I still have my 5.0 that i am fixing up back at my parents house.

With the gas prices and commuting for work and graduate school, it seems the volvo will answer our needs better. Great safety, comfort, and it is pretty peppy for a na 5 cylinder. Plus the automatic with the geartronic shifting will be nice in backup traffic. If I feel the need to shift manual i can without the clutch.

Thoughts?

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
The s40 is a great looking family car that gets decent mileage. But with 168hp/170ft.lbs. I'm not real sure if I'd call it "peppy".

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Great car.

Plus it's a volvo, big safety factor there. 2 years ago valentines day my mother was involved in a head on collision in her s60. the car was destroyed...FUBAR if you get my drift. She walked away with just some bruising on her hands from the air-bag. The following Saturday she was at the volvo dealer purchasing her second s60.

Users who are viewing this thread