Volkswagen Arteon??? | What is this?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Am I the only one who has never heard of this thing? I think it's a good looking car, but VW only managed to sell 3,600 of them last year.

arteon1.jpg

02-volkswagen-arteon-2019-angle--exterior--front--gold--rural.jpg

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
That might be a spin off of the Phaeton, which was a large luxury sedan made by Volkswagen. Stallone had one actually.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep, this model was launched in late 2017, I think. Loaded it goes for around $48K. Nice car IMO but doesn't seem to sell well. I have never seen one in the wild.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Looked at one for the last car I bought. Nice car, though not cheap. Ended up with a Regal Tourx because they were giving them away.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Looks like VW is trying to make the Panamera chassis profitable. At least, that VW looks like it's on a Panamera chassis.

1slo5ohh

Established Member
The RLine is really slick. They're pricey though, I think most people shopping around that price point would just go right to Audi

dynasty_v6

Established Member

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
They have been trying for years to make it work under various names (Phaeton, CC, now Arteon) and it just won't sell.

The ones in your post look a lot better than the older versions did. I worked on a few CCs in the past and they look like nothing special after a little bit of time, and they degrade just like a typical VW does.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
They have been trying for years to make it work under various names (Phaeton, CC, now Arteon) and it just won't sell.

The ones in your post look a lot better than the older versions did. I worked on a few CCs in the past and they look like nothing special after a little bit of time, and they degrade just like a typical VW does.
It's not a Phaeton.

Phaeton was a Audi A8 chassis with longitudinal W8 engine.

This is Passat based and a "Grand Coupe" styling that's all the rave with the Euros. It's FWD Turbo 4 with optional AWD. Transverse.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It's not a Phaeton.

Phaeton was a Audi A8 chassis with longitudinal W8 engine.

This is Passat based and a "Grand Coupe" styling that's all the rave with the Euros. It's FWD Turbo 4 with optional AWD. Transverse.

I was referring to the class it falls into.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Meh. Great looking car but no balls to back it up.

Needs more engine choices.
I agree. 268hp (2.0 liter turbo) doesn't cut the mustard. The interior is a bit bland compared to the competition (one of which is the Genesis G-70)

Users who are viewing this thread