Vmp

etp2828

Established Member
Has anyone dealt with them as far as tunes go? I have an 04 and I have a pmas3000 maf I would like to use with 60lbs injectors but they're telling me that they cannot support that and to use 13-14 gt500 injectors with that maf. Im just wondering if this is true or not?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
More than likely that set up isn't in their library and they don't want to mess with it. A local guy is running that MAF and injuring on his turbo 2v with no issues. And he tuned it himself.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
More than likely that set up isn't in their library and they don't want to mess with it. A local guy is running that MAF and injuring on his turbo 2v with no issues. And he tuned it himself.

Which would be funny, the PMASS units are less common but I just Googled it and VMP site was the first result. Don't support what you sell?

Don't see that being a weird combo...

O.P. what makes you want to use VMP? If you're remote tuning anyway plenty of options.

tharv71

Established Member
I just had to ask for a refund on a purchase (tuner, tune, wideband gauge. $1k). Filled out their info sheet, shortly after they contacted me, asking for photos of the engine compartment?? Never said they needed that to write the tune (which I still don't get?). A week later, still pending. I email and ask if they need something from me. They say no, just waiting on the tune to be written. 2 more weeks go by. I email again to ask about my order. This time they say they're waiting on the pictures. Done... Wasted 3 weeks. So stupid.

Just one instance, but I'd read before there were some response time issues in getting tunes from them. Don't recall if I read on here or Corral?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtjoe123

Termin8r
Established Member
We have seen quite a few set of injectors come through our tuning qeue that are advertised as 60's that work like shit or have used injectors that have been sitting on a shelf for 10 years and now have inconsistent flow between cylinders. That doesn't mean that your specific injectors won't physically work. We just don't want to risk having issues getting your setup dialed in. So we recommend purchasing brand new quality injectors that have OEM reliability. We sell 60's as well but the 56's have a better spray pattern for the cobra head anyways.

etp2828

Established Member
I'm still looking around. I just thought it was funny how they told me that when I know those mafs support a wide range of mods.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

svtjoe123

Termin8r
Established Member
I just had to ask for a refund on a purchase (tuner, tune, wideband gauge. $1k). Filled out their info sheet, shortly after they contacted me, asking for photos of the engine compartment?? Never said they needed that to write the tune (which I still don't get?). A week later, still pending. I email and ask if they need something from me. They say no, just waiting on the tune to be written. 2 more weeks go by. I email again to ask about my order. This time they say they're waiting on the pictures. Done... Wasted 3 weeks. So stupid.

Just one instance, but I'd read before there were some response time issues in getting tunes from them. Don't recall if I read on here or Corral?

Wouldn't it have been easier to send in a photo of your engine bay so that we could visually verify everything instead of intentionally not doing what we ask?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Wouldn't it have been easier to send in a photo of your engine bay so that we could visually verify everything instead of intentionally not doing what we ask?
And how would a photo of the engine bay have helped that? A black injector is a black injector from a distance. Maybe if you had asked for a picture of the part number or even the spray end of the injector I could get behind you. But IMO it sounds like you're making excuses. And trying to get him to spend more money with you buying new iniectors. I imagine a decent tuner would spot an issue pretty quick if the injectors are knock offs or whatever. The 60lb injector is so common in these cars that knowing how to tune them and how they react should be common knowledge.

Am I a pro tuner? Nope. Have I dealt with PITA injectors in the past? Yep. Joys of learning to tune yourself.

tharv71

Established Member
I didn't have the parts installed. Was waiting to have everything in hand before I made the car a boat anchor. Including the the parts I ordered. If someone would've said they needed the pictures to write the tune, I would've installed the parts. But no one bothered to say that was the case. So 3 weeks later....

tharv71

Established Member
"Intentionally"? I filled out your information sheet, which should've covered all the information you needed. Nowhere is there ANY mention of all parts needing to be installed and a picture submitted in order to generate a tune? Your lack of communication doesn't make me negligent.

MG0h3

Established Member
OP, I’m def not a VMP guy. Whipple all the way. Well turbo is better but whatever

Why didn’t you send the pictures? They clearly asked for it. You didn’t do it.

I’ll be honest. I’m not quite sure why they would want it but regardless, YOU didn’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tharv71

Established Member
Read the entire post.... They didn't say it was required to write the tune, until 3 weeks AFTER The order was placed. The parts weren't installed. There was nothing to take a picture of. I wrote an email after 1 week, asking if they were waiting on info from me, they said no. 2 weeks later, still no parts/tune. Asked what was going on, then they tell me they're waiting on pictures.
OP, I’m def not a VMP guy. Whipple all the way. Well turbo is better but whatever

Why didn’t you send the pictures? They clearly asked for it. You didn’t do it.

I’ll be honest. I’m not quite sure why they would want it but regardless, YOU didn’t do it.

MG0h3

Established Member
Whatever pal. You’ve wasted more time making your crybaby thread than it would’ve to take the pics.

You even admitted that they asked for them.

I call BS and I’d literally never buy a VMP or use their tuning.

Move on and fix your shit

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Couple thoughts. In the 3 weeks you waited you could have purchased SCT PRP and learned to tune it yourself. I would still reccomend getting a self tuning setup and learn at your own pace. Being able to change my own settings has been a game changer for me with the ownership of my car.

Second is they probably wanted to see a pic of the engine bay to see what kind of MAF housing you are using. Some tuners won't tune when you are using a certain housing. For example I run a BA3000 in a JLT high boost intake.... Some tuners say absolutely not.

A place like VMP (just theorizing here) that does a lot of remote tuning will want to streamline / only tune certain combos (maf, injectors, intake housing, ect) to limit headaches & time.....especially because they run a high volume business.

tharv71

Established Member
Whatever pal. You’ve wasted more time making your crybaby thread than it would’ve to take the pics.

You even admitted that they asked for them.

I call BS and I’d literally never buy a VMP or use their tuning.

Move on and fix your shit

I DON'T HAVE THE PARTS INSTALLED TO TAKE A PICTURE OF! READ TROLL!!

tharv71

Established Member
Their information sheet (that is required, and they make you acknowledge that you have to fill it out before purchase will complete) has what I think would be all the information on it. Maf make and model. CAI model. Injector size. You get the idea.... It was filled out in detail. If they needed more info, they should've asked.

I understand the idea, it would've been nice to know that they weren't going to write the tune without seeing the parts. I would've laid them all out and taken a picture.

Again, I didn't want to down the car until I had everything in hand. Here in Ohio, I only have so many months to drive the car, so leaving it sit unable to be driven while I'm waiting for someone else to get something done isn't appealing.

Honestly, I have no desire to learn how to tune it. I barely have time to drive it, and have to squeeze in time to work on it.
Couple thoughts. In the 3 weeks you waited you could have purchased SCT PRP and learned to tune it yourself. I would still reccomend getting a self tuning setup and learn at your own pace. Being able to change my own settings has been a game changer for me with the ownership of my car.

Second is they probably wanted to see a pic of the engine bay to see what kind of MAF housing you are using. Some tuners won't tune when you are using a certain housing. For example I run a BA3000 in a JLT high boost intake.... Some tuners say absolutely not.

A place like VMP (just theorizing here) that does a lot of remote tuning will want to streamline / only tune certain combos (maf, injectors, intake housing, ect) to limit headaches & time.....especially because they run a high volume business.

Four Door SVT

Established Member
Why would you want the tuner to tune a car that doesn't have the parts installed?

What does a picture of the engine bay do to help a person write a tune for a car?

There are plenty of other tuners out there that will tune your car with whatever mods you have and get it spot on.

A real remote tune would require you to make a WOT run on the street while you have your SCT hooked up and using a Laptop with team viewer running so the tuner can see what's going on, this won't happen until the parts are installed.

I'm guessing the request for the engine bay was to make sure you actually had something ready to go vs sending you a tune for a car that's not ready. Kind of like showing up at a dyno with no tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Why would you want the tuner to tune a car that doesn't have the parts installed?

What does a picture of the engine bay do to help a person write a tune for a car?

There are plenty of other tuners out there that will tune your car with whatever mods you have and get it spot on.

A real remote tune would require you to make a WOT run on the street while you have your SCT hooked up and using a Laptop with team viewer running so the tuner can see what's going on, this won't happen until the parts are installed.

I'm guessing the request for the engine bay was to make sure you actually had something ready to go vs sending you a tune for a car that's not ready. Kind of like showing up at a dyno with no tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't need team viewer running while talking a log. You do the pull, save the log, then email it to the tuner. Does it take longer? Yep. But it works.

Users who are viewing this thread