VMP vs Lund vs AED vs ID Motorsports

BadCon

Hello all,

I have been on the upgrade path with my 2016 Roush supercharged F150, and part of that was looking for a competent tuner to support a pulley swap and a few other odds and ends. This is a brief review of the above listed tuners.
Cliff notes version: VMP wasted my time, Lund/AED refused my business, and ID Motorsports is awesome!

I started my voyage with VMP, and ordered an nGauge, injectors, pulley, and tune from them. The parts shipped quickly and email communication was prompt. Fast forward almost 1.5 months, and I had still not received a tune, with the excuse being its their busy season. Never mind the fact I purposely purchased parts that match their own supplied supercharger kit to make tuning easy for them. I told them no more and returned all the parts, eating a 15% restocking fee for my efforts. I'm still dumbfounded how they can be that far behind in tuning and still be taking orders.

Next I went to Lund and was told they do not work on my platform. I found this a bit odd as a 5.0 is a 5.0, but I respect them not jerking me a round and imagine they are too busy and at least have the common courtesy to save my time. Thumbs up for Lund.

Next I went to AED and was again told they do not work on my platform. This time however Shaun directly referred me to another tuner, going so far to CC an email to Matt at ID Motorsports. Thumbs up for AED!

Finally I landed at Matt with ID Motorsports, a sister company to a larger diesel tuning outfit out of Florida. I emailed Matt at almost 10pm on a Saturday and had a response within 3 minutes. A short back and forth and the following day I placed my order for tuning and an SCT GTX. Matt had stated I should have my tune and parts by the following Friday, and when there was a delay getting stock from SCT, he upgraded the shipping form him to me to make up the difference in time. When my GTX arrived Matt had already completed the tune and preloaded it onto the devise.
I can't say much on the performance of the tune as I'm still datalogging for Matt, and was advised to avoid WOT until he gives the thumbs up. Mind you I only put the tune on this morning and sent Matt the first log. I'm going out of town so I wont finish the process until next week, but when I get back and finalize the tune, I'll being having it dynoed locally and will report back. It didn't explode during my first data log however, so that's a good sign :)

All in all, I didn't think it was going to be that hard to find a tuner. However based on the service I've received so far from ID Motorsports I think it worked out for the best.

If anyone owns a Roush F150 and is looking for a tuner, I hope this post can be of some help.

96gt02

Established Member
Good stuff OP, its absolutely amazes me that VMP still allows tuning orders when they are several weeks to months behind on them and extremely short handed. I have never had a tuner not able to send me a revision within a day or two, cant even imagine waiting weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread