VMP TVS kit differences???

TenaciousRock

Established Member
What's the difference between a kit for a 2015 vs a kit for a 2014?

Assuming you are referring specifically to VMP's Stage 2 or Stage 3 kits, according to the VMP website the part numbers are the same for 11-14 and 15-17. The only noted difference is the intake that is used.
  • JLT 123mm Plastic CAI for Supercharged(11-14) 5.0L OR Roush 110mm Cold Air Intake for 15+

Last edited:

Vert

Established Member
I know this old, but for future reference I think the manifold/intercooler is different for hood clearance on the 15s and up.

chris1badL

Established Member
I know this old, but for future reference I think the manifold/intercooler is different for hood clearance on the 15s and up.

Thanks for the info as I was curious as well. I never see really any kits pop up for the 2015+ and wanted to know the difference.

ricardoa1

Established Member
VMP has a retrofit kit to 2015 seems motor mounts and intake and expansion is different. But i assume to do it right a different intake manifold might be used. Does anybody know why ford racing stopped ties with whipple for the 2.3l rear fed? I know they offer the 2.9l front fed, but curious why the contract was not renewed and started with Roush

Sent from my SM-G920T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread