VMP TVS Dyno results

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
Took the Cobra into Amazon tuning today for a dyno tune. Rick did an amazing job!
The car put down 580 WHP & 555 RWTQ on his mustang dyno, which reads around 12-13% lower than a dyno jet.
MODS list:
2.3 VMP TVS
2.8 Upper
Accufab TB
SCT BA2600
SD 60lb injectors
LP Budget Return Fuel System
GS342 Pumps
PVC/EGR Delete
Fluidine Heat exchanger
Head cooling mod
Large MOROSO coolant tank (Black)
LP Large SC overflow tank (Black)
Billetflow Idlers 3x100mm & 92mm
Blue Powdercoated valve covers
TERMINATOR Radiator cover
MRT Hood struts
SPEC Stage 3 Cluch/Flywheel
MGW Shifter
Cattless Exhaust
Aeroforce Duel Gauges
UPR Caster camber plates
Corbeau LG1 Wide seats
Styling Bar with LED brakelight
Custom TERMINATOR Trunk mat
HID headlights & Fogs
18" AFS Chrome Cobra wheels

Last edited:

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
This car pulls SO damn hard its crazy!!!! My 1st 03 Whipple (G2 2.3 with 3.2 upper & 4lb lower 19-20 lb boost) Cobra made around the same HP but about 30 les TQ, the whipple doesn't even compair to this TVS. Im putting down well over 600 on WHP &..TQ on 93. I could not imagine the results I would have gotten if I would have decided to go with E85, I would say 700+ with out effort.

If anyone is on the fence about buying a TVS vs a Whipple/KB, Im telling you, BUY A VMP TVS!! Probably the lowest pricepoint and best porforming blowers on the market especially on BF :banana:
I am VERY happy with the results :rockon:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Glad you are happy with the numbers. Are you going to run 19 degrees of timing and 20 psi all the time on 93 octane? That seems aggressive but I have read of a few others doing the same so maybe its just me being cautious. I ordered a 3.0 pulley for pump and a 2.6 for race. Seeing all these cars running 2.8s on pump gas has me wondering if I should slap a 2.8 on with pump gas. Congrats again, any chance you have any vids of the beast?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
badass, i had a very similar feeling when going from my KB 2.2 to the TVS. Thats why I sold you the whipple ;)

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
Congrats man I'm making around the same power with a 2.8 and 20lbs I'm thinking about a 2.6 and race gas next

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
Congrats man I'm making around the same power with a 2.8 and 20lbs I'm thinking about a 2.6 and race gas next

If you want a 2.6 pulley let me know as I have a new one for sale that im not going to use.

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
badass, i had a very similar feeling when going from my KB 2.2 to the TVS. Thats why I sold you the whipple ;)

Don't get me wrong, I had plenty of fun with the whipple. I ran a 7.1 in the 1/8 launching the car at 3k. It would have went 6.7 if i wasnt so scared to launch it :). I cant wait to see what the TVS will do..... Just got to get the IRS beefed up first

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
Yea, Ricks mustang dyno is known to read low. He is the only person i have tune my cars.
-Example: my last whipple cobra put down 578 on his mustang dyno, it put down 642 on brenspeeds dyno jet. So his ranges anywhere from 11-13% lower than a DJ. Weather impacts as well. Im prettly sure all mustang dynos read allot lower than a dynojet

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
In for track results....i havent had the chance to drive my car since my car was all done but it made great power on 93 aswell, cant wait to hit the track

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
In for track results....i havent had the chance to drive my car since my car was all done but it made great power on 93 aswell, cant wait to hit the track

Cant wait!!! Track doesnt open up till spring.. I hate winter:fm:

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
Yep head that... There is a track rental at MIR feb 7 that some of us are tryn to attend tho lol brrr going to be a cold one

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
extra tq over the whipple is amazing... Best mod to date other than my killer chiller

Users who are viewing this thread