VMP TVS Dyno Day: The Results are In! (sort of)

greenflash00

Established Member
So I took the cobra up to Pro Dyno today and got her dialed in. There's surprisingly good news and bad news here so let's get the bad out of the way first.

VMP TVS
2.8 pulley
Lethal Return w/465s
8an feed & return
80s
JLT HB
Promotion 750 Clutch (more on that in sec lol):bored:

First pull the clutch went up in smoke and liked to choke us out of the building. Car only put down 502rwhp. Dan added a bit of fuel and with each pull the clutch seemed to slip a bit less as it heated up. Still could smell it bad after each pull though and he pointed out the dips in the graph where it was slipping. It seemed to affect the tq more than the hp as it went on. There was a 502, 580 & a 619 before the final pull.

We were supposed to also tune for e85 today but decided to wait until a new clutch goes in.

Left everything the same in the tune but the IAT's were getting high so we let her cool down a bit, packed the box with ice and put some fans on the engine and then made a final pull.

So without further a due…..Final numbers were:
643rwhp/569rwtq with "some" clutch slip.

You could smell it on that pull too but not like the first few pulls :coolman:

I can't say Im disappointed at all actually. He told me it was going to be straight up "nasty" with a new clutch and some corn. :-D

RXT Is going in in the next few weeks and we're going to get some new numbers for 93 and e85.
Pretty pleased considering! :)

Enjoy the pics & vid and stay tuned gents. Greater things to come! :rockon: :beer:

[youtube_browser]JpIOyUuY55Q[/youtube_browser]
Got some go pro footage I'll edit later on as well...

859045A2-EAAD-49E6-83F9-341205F690A7.gif

E70AEF6A-8540-4BDA-A37C-E995FA7A80AB.gif

SAE would be about 20 less.

D3501631-1BEA-4C97-AE08-D102E536328C.gif

greenflash00

Established Member
Basically yes. Put it in last July has about 4k miles on it. Never raced it and never to the track.

03 deadpool

Established Member
Likeing those numbers. cant wait to get mine on a dynojet , i made 537 on the local mustang dyno they told me to add at least 40 horspower.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Stout numbers op! I have a RXT in the closest waiting to go in. I have a promotion clutch only rated to 550 hp. Pedal effort is nice but the chatter in reverse and sometimes first gear suck. I actually have some noise going on, but can't figure out if its' exhaust or clutch stuff.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Very impressive numbers for not being able to put 100% power to the rollers!!!
Definitely has a lot more to come!

VMP TVS FTW!!!

greenflash00

Established Member
Thanks guys :beer: You know on that first run when I first got to the shop the 2.8 pulley was registering 21.5lbs of boost! :lol: It was a pretty cool morning and as the air got warmer it got down to the 19lbs in the final run.

LT1Squirrel

Established Member
Thanks guys :beer: You know on that first run when I first got to the shop the 2.8 pulley was registering 21.5lbs of boost! :lol: It was a pretty cool morning and as the air got warmer it got down to the 19lbs in the final run.

The clutch slipping probably helped with that high boost, less resistance let the blower spin harder, either way good numbers

Users who are viewing this thread