VMP slot maf wire questions

DaveWertz

Established Member
So I am finally going with a FMIC and bought a VMP 5000 slot style maf from a member on here. I am wanting to use this as my IAT sensor as well. My question is, I will have 6 wires total to splice into my pig tail. Does it matter which wire goes where? There is no clear instructions even on VMP website how to do this. The maf itself has green wires only. SO I assumed wire combination doesn't matter???

mvk13

oooohhhhh Shiny!
Established Member
Hope this helps...I used them to do my conversion
upload_2020-11-3_10-59-44.png

upload_2020-11-3_11-0-14.png

SVT GI

Established Member
Yes it matters which wires go to which. Between what’s posted above and this it should be straight forward if your 6 wire plug came with color coded wires. Mine came with all green wires and had to use the pic above.

C7AD5B39-BA6B-4C68-8310-DFC3E48AE62E.jpeg

96dreamer

Established Member
The picture of the plug in the second post shows what pins relate to what wires. Take tape and label the wires if it helps you visualize what's going on. The wires are all green because it is a universal replacement plug from Ford. Chances are the plug is used in other applications besides this one so the wires are all the same so as not to cause confusion when used somewhere else.

DaveWertz

Established Member
The picture of the plug in the second post shows what pins relate to what wires. Take tape and label the wires if it helps you visualize what's going on. The wires are all green because it is a universal replacement plug from Ford. Chances are the plug is used in other applications besides this one so the wires are all the same so as not to cause confusion when used somewhere else.
So in the 2nd pic. #5 shows PCM to MAF. I would have guessed the 2 wires for the IAT would have gone in 5 and 6.

96dreamer

Established Member
Spots 1 and 6 are not used in your factory maf plug, that's why only 4 wires are coming out instead of 6. Use the first picture in the second post to label the green wires, match those wires to the factory colors as shown in post 4. As far as wiring goes this is about as straightforward as you're going to get.

shurur

Established Member
Is there any real advantage to a slotted MAF?
I know that a LMAF is old school now, but what is the actual advantage of a slotted MAF??

96dreamer

Established Member
I know that a LMAF is old school now, but what is the actual advantage of a slotted MAF??
Better tuning resolution, integrated iat, higher airflow capabilities for the same diameter tube.

If you're stock or near stock though there is no reason to switch though. Usually guys make the switch when going blow through.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member

Versatility. You can put it almost anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread