Vmp service issues

TType85

Established Member
I ordered a tune 5/18 and am still waiting. I called last Tuesday and they said they had everything and it should be soon, called today and they said they were going to put it Priority. Disappointed in the "10 day" time they quoted. I hope the tune is as good as it is supposed to be over the stock Roush Phase 1 tune. So far with the wait I keep thinking I should have gone with Lund or Brenspeed.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Gotcha, had their tune on an 09 GT500 and was considering them for the 14 GT.
My 03 runs awesome. They did leave the tune open and I did add a little fuel on the high end. The 12:1 was a tad lean, now 11:8. No issues, these were based off logs and I understand how it works.
If I were to ever build my car,......VMP gets my business.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
VMP has tuned 3 of my cars, never an issue with the tune/drivability or service. This is a first for me to hear, ever.

nxhappy

Established Member
my old GT500 was a freak. If you order a tune just be patient. If you can't wait, then STFU and move on...

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
I have never had an issue with VMP, this is the first time I hear this...however, I will say I have not used them since BJ left so maybe things have changed.

TType85

Established Member
my old GT500 was a freak. If you order a tune just be patient. If you can't wait, then STFU and move on...
For me I don't mind waiting, especially for how their tunes are raved about. I would just like a bit better communication. If you say 10 business days and are going to be more than that a quick note or reply in their Zen Desk saying that they are a bit behind and it will take more time would be great for customer service.

blownfox

Established Member
I had a VMP tune when I was on the stock blower (pulley, headers, RAI) and my car ran great. However, once I upgraded to their 2.3 VMP blower, VMP 3000 MAF, VMP BAP and injectors my car would not start. I had to go to a different tuner.

There was a guy on here that worked for VMP but had his car re-tuned by Kurgan.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
FWIW, I really wanted to use them to buy/install/tune my Raptor with a Roush.

Tell the guy over the phone that I saw their kit, how much power I want to make etc. Have done my research on the roush kit and them. Got a good recommendation from a former client etc.

I get a response basically of, "hey, if you could just fill out the form online for the vehicle and what you want done we can respond to you there".

I do that, and I get a link to their kit, that I already talked to the guy on the phone about. And a general cost for install.

Picked up the phone and called JDM, who actually listened and provided good feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread