VMP pulley/tune/JLT 123 incoming. Anything else I should have?

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
I have been searching like crazy and it looks like these are different from the 03/04's I'm used to as far as tuning/pullies go. I already have a VMP puller and a new JLT 123 intake. I ordered the VMP tune/pulley package last week. VMP said it will take a few days waiting for the new pullies to come in and the tune usually takes a few days too. The only request I made for the tune (since it's stock otherwise now) is remove the upshift light for milleage. That's is extremely annoying! Not really sure if I should have any other requests?

I also ordered a set of NGK TR7-IX's and a set of Brisk GR14YS plugs as most here say to get NGK's and VMP recommends the Brisks. I ordered both figuring worst case is I'll use both. Recommendations of which set to use and gap to 28 like I did with my 03? I used to use the TR6's with that gap with a ported Eaton with 4# lower and 2.93 upper.

I would assume from what I've read that driveability is stock if not better with this set up? I was on the fence with the cold air, but ended up buying one from another member new for reduced price so figured it can't hurt. I'll be using my stock TB. So other than installing the new parts and plugs with tune, is there anything else that I have to have?

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
Enjoy the pulley and tune and new car.
It's a whole new car with those first mods. From ~425whp to ~500.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Thanks all. I know this is pretty old hat for the veterans on the car.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Was dynoed stock the other day. Does this look about right?

dkp4T6.jpg

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
For stock Yessir. Lookit that! 4hp shy of 500 at the wheels!

That pulley will wake up the engine for sure. A bigger TB and an off road H pipe will be noticeable as well, especially up top.

Also note your power dropped with each additional pull. An upgraded dual fan heat exchanger will minimize that power loss. Ive got the VMP triple pass dual fan unit. I also installed a 13-14 Intercooler pump and custom bypass style hose for added cooling. Brother, that pump MOVES fluid. I havent datalogged, but Im not worried about my IAT2 anymore. :D :D :D

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Dynos are tuning tools and driving simulation.

I am on a mobile so can't see what year your car is, but here are the average numbers on a Dynojet on 93 at sea level (sae). This is based on hundreds of them being dyno'd.

2007-09 430rwhp
2010 440 rwhp
2011-12 450 rwhp
2013-14 590-610rwhp

[email protected]

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Thanks all and numbers were what I figured so happy to know I’m where I should be.

And BJ, I didn’t put the tune on yet as I was waiting to get some stock numbers. So will be installing it with other parts very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread