VMP Gen3R Dyno Results

Venom351R

Established Member
Long process this summer but after a very long time I finally got the Cobra back yesterday. The dyno was done on labor day. Mod list is Borla stingers, Bassani Catted X pipe, Fore return system, 80# injectors, VMP Gen3R with the VMP 5" intake and single blade throttle body. 3.3 upper, stock lower and 93 ocatane. The first pull was 700 and was backed down and a bunch of timing poured in up top to keep it safe on 93 hence why the run stops at 6,000 it probably does not make anymore past that point unless I do a torco tune and the timing adjusted from there. I was not there for the dyno tune. Tune was done at Performance Dyno in NH

Attachments

• Dynosheet.jpg
    Dynosheet.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 245
  • 2004 Cobra.jpg
    2004 Cobra.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 206

Venom351R

Established Member
I just bought some to get me by for a little while, don't have a lot of time left with it before its up for the winter

68gtscode

Established Member
Congrats, it must be fun on the street! What are your plans with the car? Seems like given your fuel system, you could do long tubes, head studs, and e85 for much more (800rw)?

35thPonyGT

Schwing!
Established Member
thats a hell of alot of power!

kinda crazy my car with same mods (just exhaust) with a 2.2 KB on the same boost level makes 60-80 less horsepower

Venom351R

Established Member
Congrats, it must be fun on the street! What are your plans with the car? Seems like given your fuel system, you could do long tubes, head studs, and e85 for much more (800rw)?
I did the fuel system just because its my personal belief that once you go with a bigger blower you really should do a return system with the age of the lines / hat / wires in the stock system. Others will disagree and just upgrade pumps exc exc....that's fine but with my car I'm doing it this way. I could go E85 but the closest station is in Mass and I live in Maine so I'm not really excited about storing E85 in my garage. I'll do a torco run and see what it does, other that that I'm undecided on how far I'll take it. If the heads come off to get refreshed at some point I'll do studs as well just because.
thats a hell of alot of power!

kinda crazy my car with same mods (just exhaust) with a 2.2 KB on the same boost level makes 60-80 less horsepower
Its unfortunate that KB fell off the map as far as continued advancement with these cars. People will piss and moan over VMP VS Whipple which is ignorant, just feel lucky that we have a car that is almost 20 years old with company's like VMP and whipple still making improvements on it

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Awesome numbers, do you plan on taking it out to the strip?? I'm curious on those numbers

Venom351R

Established Member
Awesome numbers, do you plan on taking it out to the strip?? I'm curious on those numbers

I might just to get a MPH, no way am I remotely cutting a good ET with this suspension. Not going to be a strip car anyway, just building it to drive on the street and take to shows

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
that is awesome - congrats and enjoy!

yours is pretty much the exact same setup that i am now purchasing parts for. (current vmp blower & fore return system) my tuner wants me to use 1000id injectors tho.

those are the stock fuel rails, right? fore quoted me the exact same return system you are using i believe. also is the frps still intact? i wasn't sure if it remains with this system, but my tuner says either way it's okay because he won't need it to tune for a return system.

i was only expecting between 600-625 at about 18lbs on 91 octane. if i can do as well as you i'll be one happy camper

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member

yours is pretty much the exact same setup that i am now purchasing parts for. (current vmp blower & fore return system) my tuner wants me to use 1000id injectors tho.

those are the stock fuel rails, right? fore quoted me the exact same return system you are using i believe. also is the frps still intact? i wasn't sure if it remains with this system, but my tuner says either way it's okay because he won't need it to tune for a return system.

i was only expecting between 600-625 at about 18lbs on 91 octane. if i can do as well as you i'll be one happy camper
The 91 octane will be your limiting factor. But 600 should still be doable. That's about where I am on 91 with my Whipple.

I honestly didn't think you'd ever switch blowers.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
The 91 octane will be your limiting factor. But 600 should still be doable. That's about where I am on 91 with my Whipple.

I honestly didn't think you'd ever switch blowers.

haha yeah bob i knew you'd be like, sure i'll believe it when i see it lol. but within the past year i've finally been getting real close. i want to do my best to keep the setup as reliable as possible because i drive it everyday

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
haha yeah bob i knew you'd be like, sure i'll believe it when i see it lol. but within the past year i've finally been getting real close. i want to do my best to keep the setup as reliable as possible because i drive it everyday

Reliability won't be an issue with a good tune. I still drive mine whenever I'm in the mood. That includes getting stuck in the traffic coming south on the 5 after leaving cars and coffee in San Clemente. As always if you need help you can hit me up.

Venom351R

Established Member

Yes its still the stock fuel rails, there is no need to upgrade those in the upper 600 to lower 700 range. There is a fuel pressure gauge on the rail now.

Users who are viewing this thread