VMP GEN II-R IS HERE! Mothers, hide your Whipple 2.9's. Something wicked is here.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
1. It has a significantly enlarged air chamber compared to the GEN II.
2. The mouth of the inlet is, mmmm, open. A lot.
3. Still a 2.3L Eaton TVS rotorpack.
4. We took everything we learned from our own porting as well as the work of others (1320, BPS and more) and baked it in.
5. Capable of supporting 1,000+ HP
6. EGR still there but you'd never know it from the inside. NO restrictions.
7. Airflow to the inboard rotor couldn't be better unless you cut a big hole in case. True symmetrical fill!

This graph is of my 2007 GT500 with 65,000 miles on the stock long block. Factory everything inside, all the way down to the oil.

Price is $3299.00 (No there is not a case swap option nor will there be)

The blower will make it's national debut today (Tue) here in Vegas on the main stage at Ford in our 2017 Mustang GT SEMA build.
This is the 5.0L Coyote variant and will only be available in Stage 3 of the 5.oL kits TFN. That same kit will also include our new Twin Jet 72mm throttle body that nobody is supposed to know about. More on that later.

Anyway, let's see if this forum will post some bigass pictures. Hey, guess which blower is the GEN II and which is the VMP GEN II-R

If you have any questions, I'm at SEMA and definitely will not see PM's here. Use the customer service portal on the website at VMPPERFORMANCE.COM BJGen2R-854rwhp.jpggen2rcropped.jpggen2r 70 pct.jpg

TenaciousRock

Established Member
BJ,

I was planning on purchasing a Stage 2 kit for my 2014 5.0 sometime between now and Spring...and you guys had to complicate things for me! I know the Stage 3 kit is $1,000 more than the Stage 2 kit but it comes with the new R case, bigger TB, and bigger injectors for E85, seems like a good deal, but I'd like to get your opinion on what would be the best "bang for my buck kit". I don't really think I'll be able to take advantage of a Stage 3 kit.

As it sits the car is completely stock save for GT500 axle back. I do plan on throwing on an off road h-pipe, TSS billet OPG, and ATF billet crank sprocket but I have no plans to build the motor and no desire to run E85, at most I'd use 93 with some octane booster. I'm looking for a reliable setup that will get me to around 600rwhp and 500+rwtq and 10 sec 1/4 times and I'm pretty sure the Stage 2 kit is plenty to do that.

Any input is appreciated!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
BJ,

I was planning on purchasing a Stage 2 kit for my 2014 5.0 sometime between now and Spring...and you guys had to complicate things for me! I know the Stage 3 kit is $1,000 more than the Stage 2 kit but it comes with the new R case, bigger TB, and bigger injectors for E85, seems like a good deal, but I'd like to get your opinion on what would be the best "bang for my buck kit". I don't really think I'll be able to take advantage of a Stage 3 kit.

As it sits the car is completely stock save for GT500 axle back. I do plan on throwing on an off road h-pipe, TSS billet OPG, and ATF billet crank sprocket but I have no plans to build the motor and no desire to run E85, at most I'd use 93 with some octane booster. I'm looking for a reliable setup that will get me to around 600rwhp and 500+rwtq and 10 sec 1/4 times and I'm pretty sure the Stage 2 kit is plenty to do that.

Any input is appreciated!

The Stage 3 with GEN II-R and VMP Twin Jet 72mm will not be the same price as the current Stage 3. Price TBD.

I can tell you that Stage 2 and 600-625 rwhp will get you squarely in the 10s.

I can also tell you that there might be an upcoming sale that will make your decision a lot easier but you'll want to make it VERY quickly when it's revealed because it will be limited.

bj

VNMOUS1

Established Member
If it made financial sense we'd be all over it. We could always do a full pre-sale and when we meet the minimum break even quota, we'd fund the project.

If there were 200 pre-sold it would make sense.

Thoughts?

SVTCruz

Established Member
If it made financial sense we'd be all over it. We could always do a full pre-sale and when we meet the minimum break even quota, we'd fund the project.

If there were 200 pre-sold it would make sense.

Thoughts?

You can put me down for one!

black13 gt500

Established Member
Hey Bj any numbers on one of these on a 900 hp built motor car with a bps ported blower. I'm thinking of going to one of these later next year. Also will a whipple elliptical blade bolt right onto this without the adapter. Thanks for the help

Jon82387

Established Member
Awaiting you guys to announce a vmp 2650 next year.... more than likely gonna try and put one on my built lightning with an adapter plate and see what it can do. Still running the baby stock eaton making around 600whp.

Should be a nice upgrade.....

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread