Vista Blue w/stipes and SSE ducktail

stang9325

Established Member
Got it back Friday. Specs: 10.5" with 1.5" gap in between. The color of the stripes is "frosted blue pearl." They applied 3 coats of clear on top with sanding done in between. No ridge from the stripes at all. Here are some before and after shots. Sorry that the car is so dirty. The painter told me not to wash or wax it for 3 weeks or so. I'm thinking I could probably rinse it though. Enjoy!
Before:
mustang0016xa.jpg

mustang0016xa.jpg

mustang0082fk.jpg

mustang0033ud.jpg

After:
mustang0056vl.jpg

mustang0069pn.jpg

mustang0041be.jpg

mustang0118ua.jpg

mustang0076oy.jpg

BALCH-Autoworx

Livin' The Dream
Established Member
That looks fantastic, I must say I am not the biggest fan of "Shelby" stripes on the new Mustangs but yours look great. I am planning on buying the SSE ducktail for my 06 Vert, how do you like the fit?

stang9325

Established Member
BALCH-Autoworx said:
That looks fantastic, I must say I am not the biggest fan of "Shelby" stripes on the new Mustangs but yours look great. I am planning on buying the SSE ducktail for my 06 Vert, how do you like the fit?

It looks great. However, the body shop said it was a pain to get it to look right. He said they had to heat it many times so that it would fit just right.

BALCH-Autoworx

Livin' The Dream
Established Member
I was afraid of that . . . more often than not that is the case with aftermarket parts. Regardless it remains my number one choice, so much so I am ready to order one this week even though I will have to wait to get it painted.

Users who are viewing this thread