• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Virginia counties threatening to Secede

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by rborden, Jan 15, 2020.

1. rborden

rborden Well-Known Member Established Member

Governor Northam is threatening to plunge the nation into a civil war with these absurd and draconian gun laws.

Governor prepares state of emergency as Virginia counties threaten to secede

2. Tob

Tob Salut! Staff Member Super Moderator

Let's get it on!

3. HISSMAN

HISSMAN The Great Bearded One Staff Member Super Moderator

WV will take them back. WV is the true Va.

4. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

Hopefully you locals will be ready for a battle.

rborden and scott9050 like this.
  5. Blown 89

Blown 89 Well-Known Member Established Member

The state of emergency is in response to the protest being planned. Either way they are a bunch of pussies. The fact that you need to ban guns at the state capital proves why we need them in the first place.

6. Machdup1

Machdup1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I’m looking forward to 1/20.

I’m going up to RICHMOND with VCDL group. If any of the house or senate members are actually there, I would like a quite word with them.

Anybody else going?

me32 and rborden like this.
  7. scott9050

scott9050 Hillary for prison Established Member

One of the counties that has been asked to join West Virginia is just south of me. Would love to have them join us.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HISSMAN and rborden like this.
  8. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member

WV opening its arms to the VA counties threatening to secede. Shit's getting real now. It's sad to see the division in this country growing, but it was/is inevitable. The Dems/Left has been pushing all the wrong buttons since Trump took office. They WANT this.

me32 and rborden like this.
  9. rborden

Seems like things going crazy all over.

On the brink of war with Iran and now potentially on the brink of a civil war in America. If this asshat doesn’t dial back his Anti-2A actions and rhetoric, people are going to get hurt. Once the pot boils over, there is no undoing it or going back. It will be open season.

vagrant likes this.
  10. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

Montani Semper Liberi

BOOGIE MAN, HISSMAN and rborden like this.
  11. HISSMAN

HISSMAN The Great Bearded One Staff Member Super Moderator

Always!!!

12. scott9050

scott9050 Hillary for prison Established Member

Virginia's Proposed Gun Laws Are Unconstitutional and Immoral

"
    The other day I was asked a question that really made me think. The question was referring to the unconstitutional events taking place in Virginia regarding the "soon to be law" gun confiscation.

What would I do, really, no BS? What would I do if this was taking place in my state, would I enforce it?

I believe many officers would deny the law initially, but with house payments looming, they would likely soon begin following orders and find themselves confiscating firearms. Some officers will blindly follow whatever they are told to do. Some may even agree with the laws and gladly enforce it. And then there is my category.

Considering all that is at stake, my answer is this: No, I would not enforce it. While I love my job, I have always said that if I am asked to do something that compromises my principals and beliefs, then I would find another way to serve. I refuse to become the tool of a corrupt government. Let me say that again; I refuse to become a corrupt government tool. Not only do I believe the acts in Virginia are unconstitutional, but also immoral.

You see, a firearm is the greatest force equalizer we have. An armed woman is more powerful than an unarmed man. An armed elderly man is more powerful than a young gang member holding a knife. Even if said gang member has a gun, at least the playing fields are a little more even. And yes, a citizen against a tyrannical government.

Let's take a look at numbers. People love talking points and one I hear very often is that there are approximately 39,000 gun deaths a year. This is a valid number. However, according to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), 5-6 out of every 10 was a suicide, that is 50-60% of gun deaths. While tragic, it was self-inflicted and it’s not from an act of violence. 3% was due to accidental discharges and 37% from homicides.

Then there is the fact that we keep talking about rifles being an issue. I find this almost comical, but it makes great headlines for politicians. In 2018, the majority of homicides were handgun related at 6,603. Next up were knives or cutting instruments at 1,515. The number of people being beaten to death with hands or feet was 672. Blunt objects were next at 443 and finally rifles at 297. Statistically, rifle deaths account for less than 2% of all homicides in the U.S. yet get most of the headlines.

The CDC has also reported that guns save approximately 500,000 lives a year and quite possibly many more. How many of you have heard about that one? Not many, I bet. Why? Because guns saving half a million lives a year goes against the false narratives about guns, so this number is ‘conveniently’ swept under the rug. Now you can see why I think it is immoral to take away people's access to proper self-defense.

What does the Virginia legislature think of these numbers? Well it’s hard to say, but one number they were concerned with was the budget for corrections and raising it. They are so intent on instantly making law abiding citizens felons, they increased the corrections budget to accommodate the uptick of inmates.

Active shooter situations occur where the suspect is not likely to be confronted by someone with a gun, i.e. gun free zone schools, churches, mosques, etc. You don’t see active shooters letting loose at a gun show, because there is 100% certainty that they will be met with a firearm and be instantly overpowered.

I don’t believe many of these Virginia politicians know anything about firearms.

In a stressful situation, everyone becomes much less accurate. If you are not a seasoned shooter, there is a high probability you are going to miss a lot of shots from a handgun if someone is breaking into your house. Take my wife, for instance. She isn't a seasoned shooter but understands the fundamentals of handling a gun. However, she isn't prepared or trained for what ‘fight, or flight’ will do to her physiologically. There is a good chance that she will miss multiple shots with a handgun while trying to get back on target after the recoil. Now, if she has a rifle with 30 rounds in it, it's a game-changer. The recoil is almost non-existent; the ability to point and shoot with greater accuracy is instantly improved. To take away that comfort of self-defense is morally wrong, and I will shout this from the rooftops for every American.

So, my answer to what I would do is: No, I wouldn't comply. I refuse to be used as a tool for a corrupt government."

Klay, Tob, vagrant and 6 others like this.
  13. rborden

BOOGIE MAN likes this.
  14. HillbillyHotRod

HillbillyHotRod Hooligan rabble rouser Established Member

So how does the Supreme Court lean there?

rborden likes this.
  15. rborden

According to Ballotpedia it has a score index of 0.11 and is the 18th most Conservative Supreme Court among the 50 States Supreme Courts.

Score Ranking
    0 or higher = Conservative
    a score below 0 = Liberal

There’s 7 Justices on the bench there but not able to lockdown each Justice’s political leanings.

16. rborden

Take pictures and post them up.

17. BOOGIE MAN

BOOGIE MAN Logic and Reason Established Member

So Liberals are negative you say? Who'd a thunk it?

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

18. Sinister04L

Sinister04L RIP Kane Established Member

Made me curious so I looked up TX. 0.91 and 3rd most conservative. Not bad.

rborden likes this.
  19. xblitzkriegx

xblitzkriegx Well-Known Member Established Member

Why is this not making the national news?!

Blown 89 and rborden like this.
  20. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

That's what I find interesting. There hasn't been a peep.

scott9050 likes this.