Virginia Beach/Richmond/Newport News Area Members

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
I just currently got stationed at Fort Eustis, for the time being. Not sure as to how long I will be here but, what I need to know is:

What good shops to work on my 03 Cobra are in the area?

Who is the best tuner in the area?

Is there a community forum for the Tidewater/Newport News/Virginia Beach Area?

Testimonials/Recommendations?

Does anyone meet in this area? I realize it is near towards the end of the season and the inevitable snow fall is approaching but I still would like to be prepared for spring time! Thanks guys! :beer:

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
An updated picture of my 03 :)

41216_1421153854972_1416450106_30874938_7564534_n.jpg

Evan5469

Established Member
Check out Performanceautosport.com. You may also want to PM TRBO VNM on this site, if you're willing to drive to Mechanicsville, MD. Your Cobra will be in good hands with either of them.

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
I totally forgot about Jason, I have spoken with him on the phone before, very knowledgeable guy. I will check out that site, thank you!

SwampMoose

Established Member
Hey man, I'm in Newport News stationed at Langley. They have a few different places that deal a lot with mustangs in the area. Horsepower Solutions has a really nice shop in Hampton, they built/tuned a members on here (2bscrewed) twin turbo 03, it put down upper 900's on race gas. There's also a good shop in Virginia Beach called Dyno Tuned Performance, Brent there has tuned a few of my cars. There is a local forum called Tidewater Racing. On saturday nights people meet at the Hardees on Jefferson, usually gets packed and some nice cars show up. There's also a car show down in virginia beach at a place called Jenro's, it's on Saturdays also and usually has a good turnout.

shb5007

Established Member
I am in the area, and am looking for a Cobra.

DTP over in Chesapeake does good work.

mysterio

Established Member
/waves hello and welcome from Va. Beach.

You guys on the Peninsula, consider checking out Peninsula Mustang Enthusiasts. They're sponsored by Wynne Ford in Hampton, and are a very good club. I'm with SEVMC in Va Beach, and our clubs support each other very well.

For tuners, I'll also echo the good words about DTP in Va Beach, and here's their website:

DTP - Hampton Roads Auto Performance Center - Specializing in Performance Modifications and custom ECU Dyno Tuning - Welcome to DTP Racing.com

Brent has tuned my previous 01 Bullitt and my current 03 Cobra. They're the first people I would consider.

Hope to see you and your cars at an upcoming event. There are great clubs in this area, and many are very active.

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Horsepower by Hermann. Great guy who comes highly recommended and he is a svtp sponsor. He's a couple hrs away but well worth it imo

af064aef93425c4c9ff4ad00664c4bdc.jpg

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
Sounds good thanks guys for all the input, I hope to bring my car down soon (as it still resides in Ohio). When do people usually stop meeting up there at Hardees or over in VA Beach?

mysterio

Established Member
Sounds good thanks guys for all the input, I hope to bring my car down soon (as it still resides in Ohio). When do people usually stop meeting up there at Hardees or over in VA Beach?

The car crowd still meets at Jenro's in Va Beach on Saturday afternoons, weather permitting. The gathering usually starts around 3-4pm.

raw23062

Established Member
/waves hello and welcome from Va. Beach.

You guys on the Peninsula, consider checking out Peninsula Mustang Enthusiasts. They're sponsored by Wynne Ford in Hampton, and are a very good club. I'm with SEVMC in Va Beach, and our clubs support each other very well.

For tuners, I'll also echo the good words about DTP in Va Beach, and here's their website:

DTP - Hampton Roads Auto Performance Center - Specializing in Performance Modifications and custom ECU Dyno Tuning - Welcome to DTP Racing.com

Brent has tuned my previous 01 Bullitt and my current 03 Cobra. They're the first people I would consider.

Hope to see you and your cars at an upcoming event. There are great clubs in this area, and many are very active.

Welcome to the area! I'm over in Gloucester, not far from Eustis at all. The Hardees is a great spot. There is also a cruise in at the Hampton Roads Harley Davidson shop on Saturdays as well as a Friday night cruise in at the Gloucester Library. I know the Gloucester one is done for the season. Not sure about the Harley place in Yorktown. I know the Hardees was still going last weekend.

Local forums, I just got up with the PME(Peninsula Mustang Enthusiasts) and they are a good bunch of folks. Met a few at the car show last weekend in Gloucetser.

Tuners, I have talked to Performance Autosport in Richmond and visited the shop, really nice place and good people. Have heard good things about Mid Atlantic Performance in Richmond as well as Performance Solutions in Hampton.

Looking forward to seeing your Cobra! Welcome to the area! :beer:

Last edited:

iliveanddie

Established Member
Performanceautosport is where I bought my Cobra and took it to them when the tob sleeve went out. Took great care of my car. I have heard good things about DTP also but after the customer service at PAS I would recommend them.

Users who are viewing this thread