Virgin Mobile Go-Phones

Anyone here have one of these? I am thinking about getting one. Are they good phones? Decent clarity? I know they run off the Sprint network, so that seems like a plus.

Up to this point I have refused to get a cell phone because I hate talking on the phone and I'm annoyed by always seeing people constantly talking on the phone, but I can think back to more than a few times where a cell phone would have been useful. I don't want another monthly bill, which is why I am going to go-phone route and not just buying a regular Sprint phone. Help me out all you cell phone users!!

gyacopetti

Super Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Ya i know you dont want another monthly bill but you should probably go with anotyher company. My friends have had them and they only worked when they felt like it and its actually more expensive to pre-pay for your minutes. Im not sure how they would work in Michigan but im just giving you experience from the great state of cali. On and if you decide to go the other route and go with the monthly bill, stay away from AT&T..They will F you whenever they get a chance. Try verizon

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
i have t-mobile in southern cali and its the best service I've ever had. I'm sure it might suck elsewhere but here in cali they're buying up all the towers so their service is rivaling verizons quality.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by Ghoust
Sprint network sucks. Check out Verizon Wireless, the nation's largest most advanced wireless network.

BTW, which mobile carrier do you work for?

Doesnt Sprint share towers with Verizon as they are both CDMA and GMA like T-Mobile, Cingular and A.T.&T.

steelgrave

SVT's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
Originally posted by Euphoric One
Anyone here have one of these? I am thinking about getting one. Are they good phones? Decent clarity? I know they run off the Sprint network, so that seems like a plus.

Up to this point I have refused to get a cell phone because I hate talking on the phone and I'm annoyed by always seeing people constantly talking on the phone, but I can think back to more than a few times where a cell phone would have been useful. I don't want another monthly bill, which is why I am going to go-phone route and not just buying a regular Sprint phone. Help me out all you cell phone users!!

Yeah I got the "slider" phone 2 weeks ago, works great in the twin cities area. If you use it less than 60 minutes a month it's a great deal...

Users who are viewing this thread