Viper vs Z06

Leonie

Established Member
Well, in my opinion, no V10 (Viper, M5 E60, Gallardo) sounds good while idling or reving from idle.

Under throttle while driving on the other hand, they sound just gorgeous!
That sound always reminds me of the old Audi inline 5s, only with more power behind it.

I have to admit, after the 1988 Trans Am and the 1989 IMSA season, some Americans might have issues with this sound, and thus are referring to the classic V8 sound as the benchmark or similar... :p

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Man that power seems awfully low for the Z. Big ci, h/c, blower, e85 and meth...still not cracking 750? That engine alone should be close to 600 at the tire.

Also not all V10’s sound alike. Lambo’s and M5’s are pure sex. Viper while it’s neither them or a good V8 its not horrible with a good setup. Take it over a 4 banger any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.8t

Established Member
The Vipers V10 has never been blessed when it came to sound IMO. Still a great ownership experience though and a worthy trade off.

Coosawjack

Established Member
Years ago a guy in Ohio built a Cobra Replica around a Viper V-10......his screen name was appropriately "Double Venom".......here is what he said about the sound!!:)

DV 1 had EPA sidepipes when it was first built--three laps around the Run N Gun track in St. Louis in it, the exhaust blew out both catalytic convertors until they were "hollow"!

When we got her home that is when I took the Pipes off and built the custom flow through sidepipes- gained about 17 HP, but no deep BB rumble one would expect. Deeper than a normal Viper and nicer but Nope, still didn't sound like a BB.

I always said it sounded like a John Deere tractor on Steroids
icon6.gif
Or a million pee'd off Bumble Bees!

(Fastest time in the 1/4 (Chrysler Nationals) 11.00 @133mph) NHRA Officials told me; DV one more tenth and you are out of here!
smile.gif

DV

Users who are viewing this thread