Viper GPS tracking system

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
Cool. Back in 98 I had a Clifford Alarm that let me control things via the telephone. I was told it was done through a pager type system. Of course this is better as it does GPS. Now if it could just alert you that your car may have been stolen like the Lojack Early Warning System we would have a hands down winner.

a94cobra

Established Member
That is one of the features. It will call your cell phone and tell you it has been moved. Watch the CNN broadcast link on that page. they send you a report every month just so you know that the unit is working. But you can get on the web and see where you car is now and where it has been. It has features like overspeed alerts. So if one of your kids is taking your car to the store it will call you if they go over a certain speed. It is really neat.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Originally posted by a94cobra
That is one of the features. It will call your cell phone and tell you it has been moved. Watch the CNN broadcast link on that page. they send you a report every month just so you know that the unit is working. But you can get on the web and see where you car is now and where it has been. It has features like overspeed alerts. So if one of your kids is taking your car to the store it will call you if they go over a certain speed. It is really neat.
And if Ashecroft has his way, one day in the future, every time the system detects that the car has exceeded the posted speed limit, the police will be notified as to your highest speed and your present position. Ain't technology a gas?

"Go get him boys."

ralphy1798

Established Member
My friend made his own for $50 and had it linked to his web page, it was awesome! If you can, pick up one of the radio shack GPS Digitravelers that they have on clearance right now... They can be modded just for this ;)

weyrdlojyk

Established Member
Originally posted by ralphy1798
My friend made his own for $50 and had it linked to his web page, it was awesome! If you can, pick up one of the radio shack GPS Digitravelers that they have on clearance right now... They can be modded just for this ;)

Do you have directions for this?

Thanks,
Dave

a94cobra

Established Member
Yes, tell us more about the do-it-yourself model. And Maoun, what kind of unit do you have now?

Users who are viewing this thread