Viper = 2 GT = 0

SHONOFF98

Established Member
I was just cruisin down 16 yesterday when I noticed a set of headlights fly right up on my ass. I pull up a little bit to let the mongrol by and its a yellow viper RT/10 (?) vert. I dont know what these run but its a viper right so it has to have some balls. He's ridin next to me and drops it down, I put it in 3rd doin 50 and the car lurches forward a tad from the downshift and mr. viper owner decides to hit it, well I follow suit and am instantly a car down from being jumped...continue to run it through the gears and at 115 he only pulled another car on me. Pull up next to the guy give him props, older gentleman with his lady, tells me its a 95. I told him it still moves though, nothing like the new ones though hahahaha. Roll through the next light drop it to 2nd at about 35 he gets his approriate gear and we are off...up to 95 he only pulled a car. All in all 2 losses but, wasnt feeling to bad since it was a viper (even if it was old lol)

Tyler

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I knew it. You won.

Seriously, a 3300-3400lb viper with 4-450 hp and around 460 ft/lb torque? You only lost by one car? Was he racing? I'm not a huge vipe fan, but 300 rwhp isn't going to cut it. He obviously wasn't driving hard or he had no clue how to drive.

Good death either way.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Matts00GT said:
I knew it. You won.

Seriously, a 3300-3400lb viper with 4-450 hp and around 460 ft/lb torque? You only lost by one car? Was he racing? I'm not a huge vipe fan, but 300 rwhp isn't going to cut it. He obviously wasn't driving hard or he had no clue how to drive.

Good death either way.

The first gen R/T10's weighed 3476#'s, and were rated at 400bhp..

pinski

Established Member
fastkars.com said:

Exactly - early Vipers weren't all that quick, moreso by today's standards, since you can get a ~270hp Camry for crying out loud.

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
I knew it. You won.

Good death either way.

The 95's have 400 hp, so to the wheels it is much less. I wouldn't call bs. Nice death.

Prey4Me

Another H&C LS1
Established Member
fastkars.com said:
You beat me to it.
Nice death. Alot of vipers sadly are held back by owners who couldn't drive a golf cart, very possible, no need for the :bs:

JUGRNAUT

Banned
He ha dit in the wrong gear, onyl explanation. Even though the early vipers were rated lower, they still came with a NASTY torque curve. That mustang would have seen buslengths if that viper was driven properly.

Im not just pulling that out of my ass either. A good friend of mine races them professionally, so i go to alot of the "viper events".

98GMEater

Mr. PIIHB
Established Member
pinski said:
Exactly - early Vipers weren't all that quick, moreso by today's standards, since you can get a ~270hp Camry for crying out loud.

RT/10's are STILL quick by today's standards. Hp means nothing if it doesnt reach the asphalt.

pinski

Established Member
98GMEater said:
RT/10's are STILL quick by today's standards. Hp means nothing if it doesnt reach the asphalt.

Well when the Vipers first came out they had practically supercar status. Now how special is a 400hp 3500lb car? Not very. Still cool, but nothing spectacular.

I mean you can get a 400hp GTO, 400hp Cobra, 350hp Vette, etc for under $25k easy. Each of those cars would be more than a handful for an old Viper like that.

98GMEater

Mr. PIIHB
Established Member
pinski said:
Well when the Vipers first came out they had practically supercar status. Now how special is a 400hp 3500lb car? Not very. Still cool, but nothing spectacular.

I mean you can get a 400hp GTO, 400hp Cobra, 350hp Vette, etc for under $25k easy. Each of those cars would be more than a handful for an old Viper like that.

A 93 RT/10 can beat would beat a GTO, and it would be a close race with the Cobra. And you can buy a mild mileage Viper for around what you said earlier. I think its the Viper that would give those cars more than a handful.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Pitrack said:
The 95's have 400 hp, so to the wheels it is much less. I wouldn't call bs. Nice death.

I know that's what they were rated at, but he might have had some mods. Probably not but you never know. That's why i said 4 to 450 hp. I know at the wheels would be much less. However, the weight of the cars is fairly close and the viper has much more torque.

More power, more torque in about the same weight class, who would you put your money on?

Oh nvm, I forgot. It's the internet, it must be true.

Once again, good death.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Sounds like a good race.

The 400 hp Vipers put down about 375rwhp/430rwtq and were quite underrated. I believe the fastest 1/4 gen I viper is ~12.2 @ 114.

You can get a high mileage gen I for ~30-35k, but it'll have 40k+ miles

SHONOFF98

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Sounds like a good race.

The 400 hp Vipers put down about 375rwhp/430rwtq and were quite underrated. I believe the fastest 1/4 gen I viper is ~12.2 @ 114.

You can get a high mileage gen I for ~30-35k, but it'll have 40k+ miles

Most times I was looking at for a 95 rt/10 were low 13's high 12's and my car is capable of mid 12's but yet somehow I'm still lieing. So the RT/10 weighs close to 3500 plus the 2 passengers say they each weigh 50 pounds he is at 3600, my car with driver is 3300

Tyler

magRT496

Established Member
SHONOFF98 said:
Most times I was looking at for a 95 rt/10 were low 13's high 12's and my car is capable of mid 12's but yet somehow I'm still lieing. So the RT/10 weighs close to 3500 plus the 2 passengers say they each weigh 50 pounds he is at 3600, my car with driver is 3300

Tyler
story sounds about right to me, jesus everyone around here jumps to conclusion way too fast with the bs shit.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
SHONOFF98 said:
I was just cruisin down 16 yesterday when I noticed a set of headlights fly right up on my ass. I pull up a little bit to let the mongrol by and its a yellow viper RT/10 (?) vert. I dont know what these run but its a viper right so it has to have some balls. He's ridin next to me and drops it down, I put it in 3rd doin 50 and the car lurches forward a tad from the downshift and mr. viper owner decides to hit it, well I follow suit and am instantly a car down from being jumped...continue to run it through the gears and at 115 he only pulled another car on me. Pull up next to the guy give him props, older gentleman with his lady, tells me its a 95. I told him it still moves though, nothing like the new ones though hahahaha. Roll through the next light drop it to 2nd at about 35 he gets his approriate gear and we are off...up to 95 he only pulled a car. All in all 2 losses but, wasnt feeling to bad since it was a viper (even if it was old lol)

Tyler

I believe it. Don't worry about the "nay sayers" or doubters. You put up a good run and it sounds like you are happy with how you did so :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread