Violent hood shaking at high speed

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Mine has been doing it ever since I hit a large body of water that was flooded over a roadway at 2am in the morning. Didn't see it in time and didn't expect an interstate to be flooded so I hit it at 70mph and it scared the hell out of me. Completly ripped that piece of plastic from every front part that it screws into. But I never thought it would affect my hood this bad. It's shaking hard at anything above 70mph. Where are you guys ordering these at? Just through a dealer?

Edit: I just found a few online. Are these hunks of plastic really worth $230+?

Last edited:

pickles

Established Member
I had the same issue. I fought the issue for a while, eventually I took all the air deflectors off completely for he hell of it, no more hood shake.

corysmach1

Established Member
Mine has been doing it ever since I hit a large body of water that was flooded over a roadway at 2am in the morning. Didn't see it in time and didn't expect an interstate to be flooded so I hit it at 70mph and it scared the hell out of me. Completly ripped that piece of plastic from every front part that it screws into. But I never thought it would affect my hood this bad. It's shaking hard at anything above 70mph. Where are you guys ordering these at? Just through a dealer?

Edit: I just found a few online. Are these hunks of plastic really worth $230+?

Yep just got mine through Tasca for $160 but shipping was $130 so $290.

wr450

Established Member
Good God that much for a couple of pounds of plastic how much did your local dealer want FYI that's a warranty piece if u still have one least it was for mine obviously not if the area was in an accident

BLKSUNSHINE13

Established Member

Edit: I just found a few online. Are these hunks of plastic really worth $230+?[/QUOTE

For a couple hundred more, the Boss spoiler kit might be worth looking at. It consist of a chin splitter as well as a air deflector, both of which are far superior in quality to the base unit.

Also recommend to anyone replacing these components to perform reinforcement to the bumper cover mounting locations, as these areas are very thin plastic, and have tendency to give way over time from fatigue. Instruction can be found when searching for Rouch chin splitter issues.

Users who are viewing this thread