Viking double adjustable settings or DA's in general

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Those with these type of shocks what settings are you using at the drag strip? Their recommended setting for "weight transfer" is about 4 compression (low setting) and 12 for rebound (medium setting).

They have another option for "front tie-down" but I don't think we use that.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll be honest I still never figured these things out. Where did you find the recommendations?

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Lol yeah I was on my way to the track Saturday and I got a nail in my slick so I couldn't test them out. But anyway they came with these instructions on this gray pamphlet. I'll take a picture of the settings when I get home in a couple hours and show you what I'm talking about.

Aside from all that I LOVE the coilover feature and being able to adjust the ride height to whatever I want.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
there is definitely a noticeable difference in the ride once you pass the threshold of being too tight or too loose

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
I'm in the same boat. Just installed the front coilovers / rear shocks and still trying to figure out a street setup. Hopefully, I can test them out at the track soon.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
So it looks like you want some compression on the fronts. I haven't installed my fronts yet tho so I'm only messing with the rear.

As for rear goes here's what they recommend... Oh and I leave everything on "0" setting when driving around town because that's what they recommend to help with the life of the shock.
7CA4D271-9085-4883-9206-6E6367CA8555.jpeg

666CE1A1-3E8B-40E2-B568-B7A69513D9DA.jpeg

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Also with my old setup I only did 1 pass and got a 1.578 60 foot. That was with Koni shocks/struts and H&R super sport springs with 28" Mickey Thompson slicks aired down to 12.5 psi. Started at 3K and dumped it.

I'm hoping with these double adjustables I can get into the 1.4x's

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
H&R super sports with the koni's from Maximum Motorsports. I have the fronts adjusted to medium/comfort. Also I'm on a solid rear axel.

I still need to install my front Viking setup but want to get tubular a-arms to cut 10 more pounds off the front

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
I guess I just really wanna see how guys are setting up their rearend as far as compression/rebound goes. I was GONNA start with 4 compression and 12 rebound and see how that goes... I tried it on the street and it felt great

Users who are viewing this thread