Viking D/A rear shocks - post your 60' improvements

lindermant

Established Member
looks like there are a few folks running Viking D/A rear shocks, how much did your 60' times drop?

please share your before/after results - thanks!

gottoast

Established Member
I am going to have these installed in two days....any ideas on how to set them up since they are adjustable?

Thanks-
Khris

1Bad5.0

Established Member
They put a sheet in the box with the shocks as a guideline for, road racing, drag racing, or daily driving....it tells you how many clicks on compression and rebound to put..i started with the drag racing recommendations and tweaked it.....went from 1.62-1.63 to 1.57-1.58 60'

nordy racer

Established Member
first run with them last night set at 7/12 ( I think) got me a 1.57 on Mickey Pros with my NA auto.. after a couple runs and setting them at 3/7 it improved to 1.48 60ft.

Grabberblumaico

Established Member
Mine did not change to 60 Foot whatsoever . Had them set 2/4 , went to 4/8. no change or improvement. Car runs 1.6 in the 60..

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
I was able to achieve 1.44, 1.46, 1.47 60ft times on stock rear shocks before switching to Vikings DA rears. Honestly I haven't seen any improvement with the new Vikings but haven't had good conditions like we had in March when I ran 10.57 @ 129mph with a 1.44 60 ft and so many factors vary your 60 ft times.

Also what I can say is the settings they recommend seem way off the mark for the 11-14 cars, I set mine up with
Compression around 0-2 and the rebound 2-4 anything more and it blows the tires off.

But these are their recommendations Drag Racing: comp 0-4 and rebound 12-18
Handling: comp 6-8 and rebound 8-12
Ride Quality: comp 0-3 and rebound 2-5

Last edited:

BMR Tech

C and R settings will vary, based on AS/IC settings....track prep, tire, trans type, etc etc etc etc

You won't magically gain traction with a set of shocks. They have to be adjusted properly. In order to know how to adjust them properly, you HAVE to test and find out what makes it better and worse - then dial it in.

Auto cars - will usually need to be in the 1.4 range to start realizing the effect of a good shock. Stick cars, lol.....1.70's and better you will realize a gain.

clean92lx

Established Member
C and R settings will vary, based on AS/IC settings....track prep, tire, trans type, etc etc etc etc

You won't magically gain traction with a set of shocks. They have to be adjusted properly. In order to know how to adjust them properly, you HAVE to test and find out what makes it better and worse - then dial it in.

Auto cars - will usually need to be in the 1.4 range to start realizing the effect of a good shock. Stick cars, lol.....1.70's and better you will realize a gain.

I have my stick car set at 3-8 and it shakes the car violently when I get above 80-90 mph. But other then the shake the improvements of how the car acts during shifts is phenomenal just need to tweek the rebound alittle. Guess I'll try 3-7 and see if shake goes away. Btw when I say shake I mean it's so bad I feel like my windows are about to shatter and even the passenger seat vibrates too

RIPCHVY

Established Member
I really want to purchase these shocks but it seems that unless you get them adjusted right you may as well stick with stock shocks or get the strangle single adjustable shocks.

BMR Tech

Kinda like saying you may as well keep the car completely stock, because if not, you'll have to tune it for it to improve.

Difference being, tuning the ecu is alot harder than turning knobs and seeing how it works. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread