Viking coilovers

redzaku

Established Member
Just picked up some Viking coilovers going to put the together and see how it goes lol! Can’t find any YouTube vids on it on anything on the forum about assembly so I’ll see if I can figure it out and see how they feel the instruction with it are for the fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redzaku

Established Member
Alright Finally got these in and boy is it a difference!

So for anyone looking to do it the install it took me 6 hours to remove the both shocks and springs and install the viking coil overs in my driveway no garage. I am no expert some people might even think I'm a car retard. So whoever is looking to buy these and wondering if you could install them yourself YES shit it might even take you shorter I might of done it the long way arounds beats me.
The only tools I had to buy average joe might not have is.
-retaining ring pliers: The retaining ring pliers are used to lock in the eyelet at the bottom of the coil over
-spring compressor: spring compressor to well compressor the spring.
Each side only has 4 bolts/nuts to detach:
1-Lower control arm bolt/nut that connects to the knuckle ( the bottom of where the rotor sits)
2- the sway bar end link that connected to sway bar which you can take off with a 7mm to hold the endlink and a 15 mm to hold the nut.
3-bolt/nut holding the strut to the control arm
4-the nut in the trunk

That big round thing that looks like a spacer and your thinking what the heck is this for? its to put between the coil over and lower control arm so you have space to adjust the rebound and compression.

what this hollow sleeve looking thing? It the put in the lower mounting eyelet so the provided bolt doesn't have any play.

I also found it easier to put the locking ring and spring perch on first with anti-seize then put them on the strut then put anti-seize on the threads on the strut after.

How long do they go? I don't know I didn't measure before I put them on. but with 13 threads left to going the lowest I'm at 2 womenly finger gap on 18 inch rims and 45 sidewall.

Did it make me fast? Beats me I didn't go to the track before and after, but I know I have more traction before coil overs when I was in second gear low speed and floored it would cause traction control to come on normal weather. In raining weather doing the same thing with coil overs on didn't break traction.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
FYI, when I remove the springs from the IRS I remove the rear cradle bolts then tilt it down. You might have to loosen the front bolts as they might keep it in place. Depending on the springs you may or may not have to remove the calipers. With my H&R's I was able to leave them in place.

redzaku

Established Member
d2e65b51cebb278789ddc31e807d902b.jpg
9f13ca6a772a409b229d0ae7f8921146.jpg
f62f576c973b3346d412cdfa42fef343.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread