Video: How to Assert Your Constitutional Rights During Police Encounters

Status
Not open for further replies.

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
This video is good and bad at the same time.

LAWS vary from state to state.... as well as Case law. Unlike the general public.... Officers stay current on Case Law and Legal precedent

The problem with a video like this in an information age like we live in.... this will give people just enough information to shot themselves in the foot.

Don't use this video as the sole source of your knowledge of your constitutional rights.... study them yourselves and have an actual working knowledge of them before you attempt some of the things portrayed in this video.

Learn what the following terms are:

REASONABLE SUSPICION

PROBABLE CAUSE

TERRY STOP

STOP AND FRISK

OFFICER SAFETY PAT DOWN

INVESTIGATIVE DETENTION

FURTIVE MOVEMENT

EXIGENT CIRCUMSTANCE

IMPOUND INVENTORY

The makers of that video will not be with you on the side of the road when you try to exercise the "rights" you "Know you have" and they won't be the ones getting the ticket.... or getting locked up.

Realize also that any break an officer was going to cut you goes out the window the second you start being a "Junkyard Lawyer".... expect to get the speeding ticket for full value.... not a reduced speed.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
All very true, and I agree. The hints I find most helpful are the simple ones such as not fully rolling down your window, and stepping out the door of your house then closing it. This video should be taken as the starting point for your education, not the source of all knowledge. I think the narrator does a good job of getting that point across.

03trubluGT

Established Member
So, this video is about helping the guilty go free????????

I'm disgusted.

Last edited:

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
03trubluGT said:
So, this video is about helping the guilty go free????????

I'm disgusted.

No, this video is about flexing your rights. :rollseyes :bored:

The girl in the last scenario was pretty cute. :)

03trubluGT

Established Member
WTF said:
No, this video is about flexing your rights. :rollseyes :bored:

Semantics.

I like how they basically showed scenarios of 3 guilty people, but showed how to get out of getting caught. That's the ACLU for you, a bunch of liberal pukes.

phuckit

This site LAGS!!!!
Established Member
I like how the first guy "Jeddi mind tricked" the officer:rollseyes

merc lover

Established Member
Semantics.

I like how they basically showed scenarios of 3 guilty people, but showed how to get out of getting caught. That's the ACLU for you, a bunch of liberal pukes.

I also had that feeling throughout the video.

03trubluGT

Established Member
All very true, and I agree. The hints I find most helpful are the simple ones such as not fully rolling down your window, and stepping out the door of your house then closing it. This video should be taken as the starting point for your education, not the source of all knowledge. I think the narrator does a good job of getting that point across.

While those two may be considered "good", if you do that, all you're doing is piquing the officers curiosity and they are going to start digging..

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
Interesting information, but I also disliked the fact that the situations presented were of guilty parties (1 and 3) who used their rights to escape punishment.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
While those two may be considered "good", if you do that, all you're doing is piquing the officers curiosity and they are going to start digging..

As long as they "dig" within their constitutional rights they will have no problem.

Interesting information, but I also disliked the fact that the situations presented were of guilty parties (1 and 3) who used their rights to escape punishment.

Keep in mind that no matter how guilty a party may be, and that guilt is to be determined by a court of law, it is not their responsibility to aid the police in an investigation which may lead to their prosecution any more so than the law requires.

Further, Consider the lessons to be learned in the video beyond the context in which they are shown in the video. I can think of many instances where a law abiding party would not want an officer intruding into their private life. The lessons in the video would be applicable in preventing such an intrusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread