Video Editing Guru's

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
I have a video of my Coupe on the dyno I'd like to share. Problem is, I don't know the first thing about editing a video and its 70MB:eek: Anyone out there feel like helping me out and making it smaller and maybe a bit cooler?:)

LittleSalfromSH

Established Member
its a 70 meg avi? most like what you did was get the footage off the camera and left it in raw avi format on the hard disk. What you can do is encode the video. The simplest way would be to import it into windows movie maker (file > import). drag the movie (or movies if you created clips on the import) and move them to the timeline. Then just click save movie and pick a format. It should shrink it pretty well depending on what you encode the movie at.

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
yeah, I took it straight off the camera. I'll try that and see how it goes. Thanks!

mx_9

Established Member
Originally posted by LittleSalfromSH
its a 70 meg avi? most like what you did was get the footage off the camera and left it in raw avi format on the hard disk. What you can do is encode the video. The simplest way would be to import it into windows movie maker (file > import). drag the movie (or movies if you created clips on the import) and move them to the timeline. Then just click save movie and pick a format. It should shrink it pretty well depending on what you encode the movie at.

Great info. Generally speaking, which format provides the most compression? Also, is there a rule of thumb similar to "mpeg is 65% of avi"? I shot my first autocross video and just received Pinnacle software for editing so I've yet to convert/compress video.

Thanks, Chris

LittleSalfromSH

Established Member
divx is pretty good but requires other to have the divx codec. WMV is most of my internet movies. I keep most of my clips in raw AVI so i can bring them into premier pro. Pinnacle is very good software, to do beginner to mid advanced stuff.

hit me up on aim if ya wanna chat

Users who are viewing this thread