Vid: MRT H pipe with Kooks side exhaust and GT500's.

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
Just playing around with my gopro ripoff SJCam4000 prior to running at Sebring next weekend with Track Guys. Testing camera placement, sound and such. It did make a little rattle noise at times but I stuck a little foam around the case and fixed that. I'm also going to run a borrowed gopro with external mic once I get to Sebring. That should make it sound even better. Nothing really wrong with the SJcam's sound but nothing great either. And I'm only running that ghost cam for today because I think it sound's cool but never run it because drivability kinda sucks.
[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxnzOJ7xIqynZ3FZVldnbkdhcXM/view?usp=sharing[/video]

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
It's a bama tune. It came with the car when I bought it. I still haven't installed the LT's or CJ intake on it yet but once I do, I'm having it dyno tuned locally.

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
That's what I normally run but it's not the v2 cam, if there is such a thing. It's 93 performance cam or something like that. The v2 that I normally run is fine and noticeably better than the old 93perf tune.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Yeah there is a v2 ghost cam tune. I just put mine on and I think he forgot to put the ghost cams in it lol. I'll give them a shout tomorrow and see what they have to say.

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
Thank you. Someday I'll get those longtubes on. They've been sitting in my garage for 6 months. Can't wait to hear what that sounds like.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I have Kooks long tubes (H-pipe, catted) with the Boss 302 side pipes and GT500 AB's. Without the restrictors in the side pipes it's way to loud for my taste. But with the restictors in it sounds great to me. All the typical long tube accel/decel noises but still pretty quite on the highway and no drone. Would love to hear what a cammed setup would sound like at idle.

Still think some of the 4.6 setups are the best sounding Mustangs I've heard but for a 5.0 it sounds awesome.

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
Thanks man. I tried stock sidepipes and they sounded great but the kooks sidepipes are way louder. That's why I run the electric cutouts. It's too loud for daily driving. I just sold my full exhaust, Supercharged 4.6. When the guy drove away I thought damn that sounds good. I've never had anyone else drive it do I never heard it from the outside.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Thanks man. I tried stock sidepipes and they sounded great but the kooks sidepipes are way louder. That's why I run the electric cutouts. It's too loud for daily driving. I just sold my full exhaust, Supercharged 4.6. When the guy drove away I thought damn that sounds good. I've never had anyone else drive it do I never heard it from the outside.

I have the Boss exhaust w/ QTP electric cutouts paired with Borla S types & JPC over axle pipes on my GT. When you went from the stock boss side pipes to Kooks side pipes, did you encounter any problems with fitment? I want to take the dive and buy the Kooks side pipes but only if they fit the stock Boss H pipe.

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
I have an MRT off-road Boss H pipe and kooks gen 1 sidepipes, non-adjustable ones. If you buy the newer adjustable ones there should be no problem at all. With the original ones, All I read about was how hard they were to put on so I was worried but it wasn't bad at all. I did it by myself. Just bolt it to midpipe first and then push the outside end pipe until it reaches the outside bolt hole. I stuck the jack handle in the end of the pipe for extra leverage. I traded them to another local guy for his stock boss side pipes and he said they weren't too bad to bolt up to his stock hpipe. We then switched back because they were too loud for him and stockers weren't loud enough for me. If for some reason you need new rubber flanges or bolts, don't pay the $50 or whatever looks sells them for. Tasca has them for like $12.

Users who are viewing this thread