vibration issue

02trgt

Established Member
hey i have a 91 5.0 its having vibration issues while driving only when the car is warm and when under load. i think it may be the spark plugs. any suggestions or ideas are helpful

thanks

WillyB93

Established Member
Sound like you may have a couple plug wires breaking down and arching across each other. I like to wait till dark and shut the hood light out and start the car and view the plug wires and normally if that's your problem you'll see it!!!! I would even double check to make sure a plug wire isn't loose on the plug also!!!

02trgt

Established Member
thanks for your help, if they are arking i will be able to see it? ILL TRy it tonight....

also would it be arking from right by the dizzy?

WillyB93

Established Member
They will be arching where the wire is broke down maybe by the exhaust to the distributor in the dark you can see it well!!!!! If that isn't the problem, I would take the ignition module off and have it bench tested at your local parts store the get hot and break down also????? Also you may have a fuel delivery problem also you may want to check your fuel pump pressure!!!!

02trgt

Established Member
thanks for the help willyb93

im takin it to the ship on the weekend.

i think it may be transmission related... its worse in 5th gear than in 1st-4th,

WillyB93

Established Member
In that case you may have a u joint bad I would check that out!!!!

WillyB93

Established Member
It's hard to say the best thing to do is take the shaft out and make sure you have full movement in the joint, before you take it out make sure you shake it down to see if you any movement in the joints!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread