Vibration from 2,000-2,5000

pipejob1

Established Member
What would course a Virbration in the car when in Neutral when revving it from 2000-2500 If you rev higher you dont feel it. You also feel it when it comes down from 2500-2000 Can it be a miss fire coil back going bad. Car does have a Tubular K member with stock motor mounts.

pipejob1

Established Member
I sent the harmonic balance out back to ATI and had it rebuild. I did find moisture on a couple of coil packs. I dried them off and changed all the boots. If under load is it misfire. Or can it be in the driveline. Car does need a TOB

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
Was clutch replaced? An out of balance pressure plate/flywheel will cause this if felt when not moving just reving..

Blown347

Established Member
check the motor mounts and make sure they are not wore or broken at the rubber part. I had somewhat of the same issue that i was hunting and one day while changing the oil noticed my header sitting on the k member due to a broken mount. Worth a shot to atleast look from the bottom and rule it out.

pipejob1

Established Member
Driveshaft does not spin when car is not in gear why would that cause Vibration ?

Users who are viewing this thread