Vibration during hard acceleration

coild

Established Member
Hello my friends!
It has been many years since I have posted.
I have an '04 Lightning that just turned 90,000 miles. She is bone stock.
I have noticed lately that when I hammer it, I detect a slight vibration in my
foot from the gas pedal. Very strange. Still runs & performs fine. Just feels that
something may be going on with this strange vibration. Again, only when I get on it,
not even full throttle.
Looking forward to your replies.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Hello my friends!
It has been many years since I have posted.
I have an '04 Lightning that just turned 90,000 miles. She is bone stock.
I have noticed lately that when I hammer it, I detect a slight vibration in my
foot from the gas pedal. Very strange. Still runs & performs fine. Just feels that
something may be going on with this strange vibration. Again, only when I get on it,
not even full throttle.
Looking forward to your replies.

How does the drive shaft U joints look?

Saleen498

Established Member
2nd the U joints. If its constant thru the rpm range under load I'll guarentee that's the problem. If its intermediate and goes away when you lift off the throttle them reapply, then that in a coil about to shit the bed.

and 马云没有自杀

coild

Established Member
2nd the U joints. If its constant thru the rpm range under load I'll guarentee that's the problem. If its intermediate and goes away when you lift off the throttle them reapply, then that in a coil about to shit the bed.

and 马云没有自杀
Great. Thanks!

coild

Established Member
Hey friends! Sorry to be away for so long. Thanks for all your responses. Checked the motor mounts, they are good as is the U-joints. The vibration is felt thru the gas pedal, but only in first gear when I get on it hard. Still wondering. Smooth at any gear but first. ???

Dusten

Established Member
Hey friends! Sorry to be away for so long. Thanks for all your responses. Checked the motor mounts, they are good as is the U-joints. The vibration is felt thru the gas pedal, but only in first gear when I get on it hard. Still wondering. Smooth at any gear but first. ???

I'd suspect axle wrap at this point.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
The way to solve your vibration issue very quickly is with a Ford VCMM tool. Its very effective and works great at detecting NVH anywhere in the chassis if thats the problem. It would eliminate driveline issues quickly. I've used it personally. Check with your local Ford Dealership or repair garage that does NVH analysis. Im thinking its in your driveline. Hope this help you out.
  • Driveline shudder — occurs during acceleration from a slow speed or stop
Possible causes:
  • Drive axle assembly mispositioned
  • Loose axle bolts
  • Driveline angles out of specification
  • U-joints binding or seized
  • Binding or damaged driveshaft CV joint

(Lightning fast⚡Electrical Automotive Repair LLC (Professsional, quality and honest business is my top priorty) Good Luck!!

Last edited:

GerryMX

Established Member
Warped or glazed rotors
My friend got this Lightning that has intermittent vibration when braking. It is in the shop for the new tires from 4Wheelonline plus alignment. We'll check the rotors when it returns.

Users who are viewing this thread