Vibration at idle.

Hotrod Tommy

SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey guys, a couple weeks ago my Focus developed a lot of vibration while sitting at idle. I can hear little creaks throughout the car, but it's most noticeable in the steering wheel; the steering wheel visibly shakes. It started out of nowhere, it never had any vibrations before.

Anyone know where I should start looking? Thank you.

scrooged

Established Member
Sounds like maybe one of your engine mounts are worn out,I would look at those first

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Check the passengers side engine mount first, is it running okay or did the way the cars actually runs change along with the vibration?

Hotrod Tommy

SVT Poster
Established Member
The car is running just fine. It's only at idle, or very low RPM when I'm coming to a stop.

I'm going to check the motor mounts. Thanks for the response, guys.

(Hey, Steve! A bunch of the parts on my car are from you! I may be ordering motor mounts soon ... -Tommy at NHRA

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
The car is running just fine. It's only at idle, or very low RPM when I'm coming to a stop.

I'm going to check the motor mounts. Thanks for the response, guys.

(Hey, Steve! A bunch of the parts on my car are from you! I may be ordering motor mounts soon ... -Tommy at NHRA

:beer:

Hotrod Tommy

SVT Poster
Established Member
I finally got around to replacing all three motor mounts; Passenger, driver and torque. Though the vibration is WAY less than it was, it is still apparent in the side view mirrors. Could I need new spark plugs? a tune up? What else could possibly cause vibration at idle? Once I'm driving (with these new mounts) the vibration goes away!

Thanks!

thepatriot

Established Member
I think I've got the same issue, unless my engine is just running rough... It only shakes once in a while and the previous owner had the engine mount replaced a few months ago.

mttasp

I have a 2004 Ford Focus SVT and my steering wheel is vibrating when I am stopped. all new mounts and new plugs. what could it be?
:read:

Users who are viewing this thread