Vibrating Rattling Shifter Handle

cobra23

Established Member
I have a Pro 5 with a MGW adjustable handle. I have the handle bolted tight to the shifter using the supplied 1/4" thick pad. Yet the handle rattles under acceleration and when driving at speed.

Anyone have the cause or a quick fix?

Thanks

Cobra'03

Established Member
The cause is the fact that you have a tighter shifter to begin with, and you have removed a lot of the rubber dampening material. You can add more back, but each time you will lose some of the precision of the shift, which was why you bought from the aftermarket in the first place. I have the Tri-Ax with MGW and it does not vibrate, just the noise from the tranny itself. U sure you got everything buttoned up right? Are you using the dust cover?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have the Tri-Ax and MGW combo as well. No vibrating that I've noticed. Remember, though, that the first Tri-Ax I installed was very noisy. This second one is at least as quiet as the stock shifter. I can't figure it out, though. Just reporting what my ears hear.
:)

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Check your stops and also make sure you put in the thick rubber spacer that came with the PRO 50. I have the same combo and never had any vibe issue nor is the shifting anything less than crisp.

fd5478d4.jpg

I used the large rubber shock absorber in between the shifter stub and the MGW handle to abate the vibes.

davidmax

Established Member
Go to a goodyear (discount etc.....) get8-10 ozs' lead weights and apply then to the base with duct tape and all Vibe 99%+ will be gone.
Good Luck,Dave S.If this wont help go with the setup you now have,GOOD LUCK,Dave S.

coleman

Established Member
mine had excessive play & rattled a little cuz I didn't tighten down the handle to the shifter enough ... they backed off a bit & was hard to shift.

DD2000GT caught it right away for me...

i doubt your as daft as i, but worth a check.

Users who are viewing this thread