Vettes, Vipers, how to find a race???

jeffs

Established Member
I'm in Rock Springs Wyoming and I want to race some fast cars, this is a small town, but I've seen some sweet cars lurking in garages and sometimes on the street.

I've tried going to places where I think people with bad ass cars work with no luck, all I want to do is have some fun runs,

I know of, 2 C6Z's, at least 6 GT500's, several other C6 Vettes, and three Vipers just in this town, well I've ran two of the Vipers, 1 regular C6 vette, And 1 GT500, I want to be able to see if all the others are game? I'm also interested in fast F bodies and anything else as well,

Any Ideas how to find these people on the internet?

Sorry if this is the wrong section but it does involve racing so I'm giving it a shot.

Watching all the "ZOsick" Videos on youtube makes me think there's a better way to search out people willing to race, that silver C5 ZO6 has some serious street racing under his belt, although I would love to do it on the track, we don't have a track anywhere near here, so I have my locations that would work nicely.

Last edited:

jeffs

Established Member
Attach this to other forums if you think it would help, I know there's Vette and Viper people lurking on this site. Again just fun friendly runs.

acerasuolo

Established Member
that zosick ur talking about is a guy named carlos. he is one of the admins over on sonoranmusclecars but thats an arizona based forum. and that was one fast vette i was able to witness first hand.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
You're in Wyoming, so you have that working against you, unless you're willing to drive a long ways.

jeffs

Established Member
Well there's badass cars here locally, it's just hooking up with them that's hard to do.

And I would go to the local track, but the closest drag racing track is 180 miles away in Salt Lake City, Ut.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Here Jeff come up to casper and ill help you find this guy

[ame=http://s618.photobucket.com/albums/tt269/pho_phizzat/?action=view&current=vettevsmach.flv]
th_vettevsmach.jpg
[/ame]

and a few others that maybe a good race for you

Amazongt

AKA maxstang AKA max97v6
Established Member
Well there's badass cars here locally, it's just hooking up with them that's hard to do.

And I would go to the local track, but the closest drag racing track is 180 miles away in Salt Lake City, Ut.

Dont bother. Dont you guys have an 1/8th mile track in WY? I know some of the north utah guys go there once in a while if im not mistaken.

drewstew

Hey I am actually from Rock Springs. I just moved out to Oregon for school though. I think I've actually seen your car around before. I drive a 2004 GTO with heads, cam, and full exhaust. If your still in RS this summer I will go for a run. How much power is your cobra putting down?

jeffs

Established Member
Hey I am actually from Rock Springs. I just moved out to Oregon for school though. I think I've actually seen your car around before. I drive a 2004 GTO with heads, cam, and full exhaust. If your still in RS this summer I will go for a run. How much power is your cobra putting down?

I think I know of your car if it's black and was at the car show down by the train depot this last summer, very nice and a healthy list of mods. I have no idea how much power it's putting down, but others with similar mods seem to be around 470-510, but I'm sure it's more like 380 at this altitude. Yeah that new cutoff road between the airport and highway 430 is brand new and has been straightened and is dead as can be, I'll pm you my phone # next time I think of it, probably a good race.

drewstew

Yeah, that was me. Definitely pm me, i'll let you know when i'm in town. Your right though that altitude sucks. I noticed a pretty big difference when I got to Oregon. (I'm at about 200ft above sea level)

jeffs

Established Member
Yeah, that was me. Definitely pm me, i'll let you know when i'm in town. Your right though that altitude sucks. I noticed a pretty big difference when I got to Oregon. (I'm at about 200ft above sea level)

I pm'd you my #, I don't know if it went through with this different format here. Anyways about the elevation, my car felt faster with the mods in my sig minus the ported blower and lower pulley down in Phoenix, compared to after the port and lower at this elevation, anyways, let me know if you got my # or not, and I'll try sending it again.

jeffs

Established Member

I'm at 307 382 7837, this site won't allow you to accept pm's for some reason, please jot my number down and reply to this, so I know you have it.
Have a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread