Vette owners never change.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Probably because its a vette forum not a ford one. Different people have different likes and dislikes.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
yeah some seem to have big heads for owning vettes but some of em seemed kind of cool to me.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
There's always a few in every crowd!

I have found that most Corvette owners are pretty cool guys. But some are dicks. I guess you could say that about any car really?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
ac427cobra said:

I have found that most Corvette owners are pretty cool guys. But some are dicks. I guess you could say that about any car really?

yep,sure could +1

2k1cobra

Established Member
ac427cobra said:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:
While this is true there are more cocky vette owners than cool ones.:kaboom:They were speking so highly of the vette i thought they were driving ferraris.

Last edited:

fangstang

Established Member
I'm actually a member on that forum. A lot of current vette guys are former mustang guys. Myself included. If you were to do search of my posts, you'd see I more then defend the GT500. I think its an awesome car and will one day get one to complement my vette. I think many of the vette guys are just clueless about the Shelby.

TRXboy

Established Member
fangstang said:
I'm actually a member on that forum. A lot of current vette guys are former mustang guys. Myself included. If you were to do search of my posts, you'd see I more then defend the GT500. I think its an awesome car and will one day get one to complement my vette. I think many of the vette guys are just clueless about the Shelby.

Or read to much, I stopped counting at 5 post's talking about car and driver this, motor trend that, road and track this. Jesus, bench racer's or what.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
I thought for the most part, they Corvette guys were objective. You certainly wouldn't see worse in this forum. :rolleyes:

bunk22

Established Member
A whole lot of bench racing over there. I'm a former modded 03 Cobra owner so I at least have some understanding of what these cars are capable of. I've defended the GT500 over there and by a few, get the magazine race numbers (C&D or Motortrend are gospel by some over there) then end up offending some C6 drivers. I'm only talking straight line since that's all I've done and wouldn't have enough of a clue to comment on the turning stuff. I guess I would have to go off mags as well. Of course I've pissed off a few GT500 owners/fans on this site as well when I mention the C6Z in a thread or two. I probably should just lay off since I don't own either a C6Z or GT500. I'm just some where in the middle with a regular C6 and some mods.

By the way, here is a direct quote meant for me from a C6 owner who doesn't quite like my defense of the GT500:

cvette4081 said:
If your a Red Headed Step child, It was just a figure of speach, i guess i really pissed you off, In all my life i have never seen a true Corvette guy defend a mustang so much as you have, If you are a Vette dude your a Disgrace to the real true Corvette fans.

YOU NEED TO SELL YOUR VETTE LIKE YESTERDAY and go buy a GT 500, I will admit they do look pretty nice but I'M a TRUE CORVETTE LOVER and i will never defect.

Later dude, You make me sick. :U

I think he's angry with me :p

...and then:

cvette4081 said:
Hey bunk i'm going to let you in on a little secret, Those Gts running 12.1s are modded they are pulling your leg, There not stock ( Whose the IGNORANT SOB now :rofl: ) :lol: :cheers:

It's kind of funny. He's really getting upset now and just refuses anything but C&D times. He's a bench racer, doesn't track his car, etc. I believe he's referring to MODSVT's times in his orange covert. Apparently he knows something we all don't..........but it's a secret :loser:

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Joke 'em if he can't take a F#@K!

;-) :lol: :p

I am. I'm pushing his buttons and he's just responding with jiberish. His words are misspelled, he's yelling through capitalization and now has gone with the 08 C6 with its supposed 450hp LS3 engine. He's gone future and it's bleak for the GT500 and my current C6 :coolman:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
2k1cobra said:
While this is true there are more cocky vette owners than cool ones.:kaboom:They were speking so highly of the vette i thought they were driving ferraris.

I agree. The percentage of cocky owners is much higher for vette owners. I read the best description on this board I think: "The vette is a dick extender". First time I ever read that. That's pretty good and pretty correct. I don't street race but I've watched a buddy of mine humble more vette and viper owners that I can remember on our way to tracks. I'm usually following and when one comes up I just ignore them and then they move up and start messing with my buddy. I usually get a ring side seat until they leave me. Eventually the dick extender falls off and the vette owner gives up and then I catch up. I just drive beside them and look over and laugh at them. The look on their face is nothing short of a cartoon character, that dumblook of WTF just happened. As stated above and I've said it before, that "better handling" is small consolation to the cocky vette owner just after he got his ass handed to him.

I like this response:

Ford has never "gotten it", they have been chasing Chevy forever and continue to produce a lack-luster performance vehicle. Of course, when they brought the GT to production, they had invested so much in just trying to meet Chevy's C6Z specs, they had to sell it for nearly twice the price. No wonder they are struggling to make it...they just don't get it!

We all know what the 03/04 Cobra did to the F-Bodies on their way out the door. On his comment about the GT, I doubt there were C6Z specs out when Ford was designing the GT. I bet over 90% of C6Z owners would trade their Z in a heartbeat for a GT. The GT may cost more but it beats the Z and it gives Ford the title of performance king of the domestics. In muscle car ranks, 03 up CObras are king and are not chasing anybody.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Its very disheartening to see Mustangs owners ragging on Vette owners. And Vette owners ragging on Mustang owners..
Corvettes and Mustangs both represent American performance. Why try and pick apart the other?.. Why not go after the imports instead? :shrug:

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
Purvis said:
Its very disheartening to see Mustangs owners ragging on Vette owners. And Vette owners ragging on Mustang owners..
Corvettes and Mustangs both represent American performance. Why try and pick apart the other?.. Why not go after the imports instead? :shrug:

Yup. Anybody who doesn't remember the 300Z TT from the early 90's (in context it was a Porsche slayer, it was the Yen/$ imbalance that killed it) is missing a valuable lesson from history. The imports are sharks and there is all sorts of blood(red ink) in the water...Especially as the domestics continure to go upscale in price, a place they have traditionally not done well.

The other makers are not stupid, they have noticed the response to the GT500 and are pretty sure they would like a taste of the 40-50k market the car represents. And production numbers are only part of the issue. It is easier by far to decontent than to go upscale to a pricepoint.

The only problem for them until now has been styling. If one of the Japanese manufacturers hits the right combo at the right pricepoint(I'm thinking Infinity right now) they are going to take over a market that Ford has only just cracked. Lots of good choices in this range, I kinda like the Audi TT RS idea myself. Through out the labels and heated/cooled kleenex holders and just do a WRX sti sort of thing with style(not hating on the Scooby, just sayin').
Retro/Heritage is fine as far as it goes, but the returnee's only buy the one and first time customers need somewhere to go. And ADM's don't last when there is more than one good choice....

"Ford has never "gotten it", they have been chasing Chevy forever and continue to produce a lack-luster performance vehicle. Of course, when they brought the GT to production, they had invested so much in just trying to meet Chevy's C6Z specs, they had to sell it for nearly twice the price. No wonder they are struggling to make it...they just don't get it!"

Unfortunately, the guy in the Vette Forum that made this statement is 100% correct. For Ford to have built such a great suspension for the Ford GT begs the obvious question why can't you give the Mustang a suspension along the lines of a base Corvette. :nonono:

Ford has soem serious loser leadership.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
Just because Fields has a mullet:lol: I think they have some new tools in management after a serious drain of good resources(not least Coletti, for H.T.T.) but they have to move faster than that company has since the 60's if they are going to ride the wave as opposed to pointing out its quality for everyone else...

Users who are viewing this thread