Veteran accidentally cuts off driver, gets shot and killed trying to apologize.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Why does it matter the victim is a veteran? You know that the press story is playing that up because its PC and emotionally inflammatory to do so, and you guys are playing right into it?

I'm very politically conservative, and I've been pro-military since before it was PC to be so, and I am thankful for those that put themselves out there for me and my family. But this whole "support the troops" thing is out of control, corporate and politicized BS at this point. Being a veteran does not make it more tragic when you're a victim. And, I've seen first hand what P.O.S.'s some veterans can be; they're not all heroes deserving of extra sympathy.

Depending on the circumstances it can be more tragic when the victim is a veteran. And that statement is not one of hero worship either just reality. We don’t know the details of this specific veterans service history, it may be rather uneventful with zero deployments and a single 4 year enlistment. Given his age that’s likely. But consider if the veteran had survived multiple deployments and had earned awards for valor only to be killed by some asshole in a road rage incident. Can you not see the additional tragedy in that?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with some of the comments made towards both parties. Bottom line is that is was an unnecessary tragedy on both sides. That said.....there is way too much hate and anger in the air all across this country. Two men died because apparently one over reacted in rage. JMO.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
In my years of driving, I can’t promise I’ve never cut someone off of done something on the road that may have pissed someone off when NOT on my phone...apparently that means I’ve “played my part” in my own execution and just didn’t realize it.

Jesus Christ...

Unfortunately, whether you like it or not, if you do something wrong and possibly injure or endanger someone or their family, regardless of intent, there is the possibility that you may be retaliated against.

I’m not saying it is right, I don’t think anyone here is endorsing that... but the fact remains, that in a small way you would be playing part in the undesired outcome, whether by accident or not.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Why does it matter the victim is a veteran? You know that the press story is playing that up because its PC and emotionally inflammatory to do so, and you guys are playing right into it?

I'm very politically conservative, and I've been pro-military since before it was PC to be so, and I am thankful for those that put themselves out there for me and my family. But this whole "support the troops" thing is out of control, corporate and politicized BS at this point. Being a veteran does not make it more tragic when you're a victim. And, I've seen first hand what P.O.S.'s some veterans can be; they're not all heroes deserving of extra sympathy.

Tru dat. I hate that shit.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Depending on the circumstances it can be more tragic when the victim is a veteran. And that statement is not one of hero worship either just reality. We don’t know the details of this specific veterans service history, it may be rather uneventful with zero deployments and a single 4 year enlistment. Given his age that’s likely. But consider if the veteran had survived multiple deployments and had earned awards for valor only to be killed by some asshole in a road rage incident. Can you not see the additional tragedy in that?

I see were you come from, but decorations and badges don’t determine additional tragedy, at least in my eyes. Depending on the circumstances it can be more tragic when the victim is a civilian as well. Goes both ways.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Yeah, I agree with all this.... plus when the vet tried to approach (allegedly to apologize) the BMW guy, then the BMW guy may have perceived that as an escalation of the incident. Poor choices from all involved.

Where does it say he approached the other guy? It says he rolled down his window and later that he died inside of his truck.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
One man started it, another man finished it. The difference being intent and escalation.

Are you implying that the vet had absolutely no responsibility to the situation? Despite breaking clear driving laws and endangering others on the road?
Says all the retards on this site that think they can text and drive.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
We need additional phone control laws put in place.....(he stated sarcastically)
Cell phone makers need a proximity block on phones like a key fob. Only 911 calls if you do not have hamds free.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

I think it is the irony.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Cell phone makers need a proximity block on phones like a key fob. Only 911 calls if you do not have hamds free.

What about passengers? No thanks. Just too much overreach.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately, whether you like it or not, if you do something wrong and possibly injure or endanger someone or their family, regardless of intent, there is the possibility that you may be retaliated against.

I’m not saying it is right, I don’t think anyone here is endorsing that... but the fact remains, that in a small way you would be playing part in the undesired outcome, whether by accident or not.

That’s retarded.

Potentially whether you like it or not, your actions could be misconstrued as derogatory towards a person who takes offense to it, and in that small way you could be playing a small part in the actions taken against you.

You could follow all the rules and be in the wrong place at the wrong time while someone commits a crime and executes you as a potential witness. I’m not saying it’s right, but the fact remains, that in a small way you would be playing part in the undesired outcome, whether by accident or not.

I’m not debating whether or not literally being involved in something makes you a “participant “.

I’m saying quit pussyfooting around and place the blame solely where it belongs in an appropriate situation.

Would you blame the dead kid in a school who got shot by a monster when his defense attorney suggest they were complicit in stopping bullying?

Sometimes there is grey area. When someone puts a bullet into a guy at a red-light, I think the grey area is ****ing gone.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s retarded.

Potentially whether you like it or not, your actions could be misconstrued as derogatory towards a person who takes offense to it, and in that small way you could be playing a small part in the actions taken against you.

You could follow all the rules and be in the wrong place at the wrong time while someone commits a crime and executes you as a potential witness. I’m not saying it’s right, but the fact remains, that in a small way you would be playing part in the undesired outcome, whether by accident or not.

True but not the same as my previous statement.

Before we were talking about someone that recklessly or carelessly endangered someone’s family, which was the snowball that started the avalanche, which caused their demise.

Now, you talk about someone that did absolutely no wrong doing or attempt to inflict any offense or harm, on purpose or by accident, to a perpetrator.

Not quite the same thing, partner!

I’m not debating whether or not literally being involved in something makes you a “participant “.

I’m saying quit pussyfooting around and place the blame solely where it belongs in an appropriate situation.

Would you blame the dead kid in a school who got shot by a monster when his defense attorney suggest they were complicit in stopping bullying?

Sometimes there is grey area. When someone puts a bullet into a guy at a red-light, I think the grey area is ****ing gone.

There is definitely a grey area. You don’t know the details, bruh.

I’ll take a guess and say it went something like this...

**** head #1 not paying attention and talking on the phone causes **** head #2 and his family to almost wreck. **** head 2 is enraged. **** head 1 and 2 exchange words. Words escalate to who has the biggest dick contest and they both shoot each other to shit. No one wins.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member

There is definitely a grey area. You don’t know the details, bruh.

I’ll take a guess and say it went something like this...

**** head #1 not paying attention and talking on the phone causes **** head #2 and his family to almost wreck. **** head 2 is enraged. **** head 1 and 2 exchange words. Words escalate to who has the biggest dick contest and they both shoot each other to shit. No one wins.

You’re very right, neither of us know the details. Yet, somehow they’re both at fault for their own deaths....

One cut off a person on the road.
Another exited his vehicle and discharged a firearm into the chest of the other.

Someone could cut me off, curse me out, flip me off, and spit in my face....I’m not going to get out of/stay in my car, and fire a gun anywhere near, let alone into the other vehicle.

Again, quit pussyfooting around and put the damn blame where it needs to be.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You’re very right, neither of us know the details. Yet, somehow they’re both at fault for their own deaths....

One cut off a person on the road.
Another exited his vehicle and discharged a firearm into the chest of the other.

Someone could cut me off, curse me out, flip me off, and spit in my face....I’m not going to get out of/stay in my car, and fire a gun anywhere near, let alone into the other vehicle.

Again, quit pussyfooting around and put the damn blame where it needs to be.

You keep using pussyfooting, but I’m not so sure that you know what it means...

No one pussyfooting here.... some observations were made and the sensitive Sandys got their panties up in a bunch.

Hi Sandy!

Users who are viewing this thread