[VET HNTR] vs. C6 ZO6 [The Rematch!]

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Actually, I was the one that asked you to race his car but not because of how good or bad of a driver he is but because that used to be my car and I built it. I ran consistent 11.6-11.8's in that car. I am assuming he didn't run that fast if you beat him "pretty good". Weird that you said he was hopping, I had over 50 runs in that car and I don't ever remember having a problem with wheel hop. Maybe he has changed some things with the car, what did your guys runs look like time-wise?

IMG_2767chopped.jpg

This is our run on the right, I believe. I'm not positive though...

runsonboost

Established Member
yeah thats it on the right. the car hooked alright, it was only my 2nd time down the track in that car. its lowered now Bryan and has nittos on it. when i grabbed 2nd it hopped and spun up to 6500 and i hit 3rd for the last 50 ft or so. i ran a 7.9@96 after that on a 2.0 60'. i took the clutch fluid and saringe expecting to have some trouble, but i changed it when i got there and didnt have an issue, although i only ran like 4 times. a friend of mine has a set of M/T drags on prostars sitting in his garage...

svt2z06

11 Second Club
Established Member
yeah thats it on the right. the car hooked alright, it was only my 2nd time down the track in that car. its lowered now Bryan and has nittos on it. when i grabbed 2nd it hopped and spun up to 6500 and i hit 3rd for the last 50 ft or so. i ran a 7.9@96 after that on a 2.0 60'. i took the clutch fluid and saringe expecting to have some trouble, but i changed it when i got there and didnt have an issue, although i only ran like 4 times. a friend of mine has a set of M/T drags on prostars sitting in his garage...

Hey Nate, good to see you got out to the track. You ran 96 mph so you really haven't lost any power with the pumpgas tune. Fastest speed I ever ran was 97 mph on the 100 octane. With a 1.78 60' on those BFG's I ran a 7.44 @ 97.55 at Irwindale, so once you get that launch down you will be right there in the mid to low 7's. Go with those M/T's and rematch the cobra:beer:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member

There's one more Sunday track day event at Irwindale in August so I'll be waiting for you with those M/T ET Streets on!!!

:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread