[VET HNTR] vs. C6 ZO6 [The Rematch!]

svt2z06

11 Second Club
Established Member
That's my point. LOL

Patrick actually does know how to drive and has taken multiple racing classes, but he spins half way down the track due to shitty run flats.

Well, I have the same runflats he has and I don't spin halfway down the track. I've cut many 1.8's and a couple 1.7 sixty foots with "shitty" runflats. Actually the only guys that complain about the factory GY's are the guys who can't drive.

Maybe he should have taken some different racing classes. I haven't taken any classes and would be embarrassed to run an 8.8 @ 81

Anyway OP, Im not trying to detract from the fact you owned the guy, congrats on the win. Maybe Nate's Z would be a better race for you.;-)

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Well, I have the same runflats he has and I don't spin halfway down the track. I've cut many 1.8's and a couple 1.7 sixty foots with "shitty" runflats. Actually the only guys that complain about the factory GY's are the guys who can't drive.

Maybe he should have taken some different racing classes. I haven't taken any classes and would be embarrassed to run an 8.8 @ 81

Anyway OP, Im not trying to detract from the fact you owned the guy, congrats on the win. Maybe Nate's Z would be a better race for you.;-)

Didn't you hear me hook in first and then blow the tires completely off in 2nd with my 315 D/R's? Sometimes the track is too hot and greasy due to the weather and this was one of those days... Everyone that had consistant 1/8 mile times were off by 2-4 tenths due to it unfortunately. I'm not making up excuses for him, but we'll see how he does this upcoming Sunday.

And I'm calling Nate right now to see if he's up for it! :beer:

He's got his 1 1/2 month old baby Joshua at home though so I'm not sure if he'll be able to come out and play...

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
And so whats ur point ?
You can beat Z with bad tires? :rollseyes:

So what do you want me to do? Buy C6 ZO6 owners some D/R's so that I've got more competition? Run what you brung or take your ass home...

Thats a load of crap. When two guys line up, one will win, one will lose. Doesn't matter if one guy can't drive. To ****ing bad. It is what it is. The C6Z driver needs to learn to drive his car and rack up some experience. May the best car or driver win. In this case, it was Sir RicCus. He won, the better driver :beer:

+1 Thanks, bro. Some people don't like the truth when it slaps them in the face. :D

Eindow

Banned
All the C6 ZO6's ran best times of 8.3's in the 1/8 when I was there.

Good Kill!!! Apparently driving lessons aren't included with the price of the car:dw:, thats a pathetic time for a C6 Z. Hell, I ran an 8.1 in my 04 Cobra Vert bone stock down to the filter and shit in the trunk:-D...BTW, at that same track...

Originally Posted by svt2z06

I've only run 1/4 mile times at Fontana, but the conditions are usually much worse there than at Irwindale. Looking thru my timeslips my slowest 1/8 time is 8.2 @ 90 and my fastest was 7.4 @ 94. My car is bone stock on stock runflats.

Not all C6 Z06 drivers are slow

7.4 now thats more like it:beer:.

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member
Actually your thread is just misleading.
You beat the driver not the car..

Doesn't matter, either way he won the race. Whoever gets to the end first, wins...without red lighting I suppose. I'm a C6 owner and run my car quite a bit at the track. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
Indeed! good runs! Taking my vette to the track next week to see how it does... probably 2.3 60s haha

svtsilvercobra

Established Member
Good kill! That was a horrible time for the Z:( I've seen a bone stock automatic LS3 run a 7.9@ Irwindale! Now it runs a 7.4 with just a CAI, tune and drag radials!

BigDe235

Established Member
What does your Conv. Cobra run? I see you have some of the same toys I do.

And to the guy that beat the vet, congrats on the W. no matter what the issue may be, a win is a win.

Much Respect,
Big D

Indeed! good runs! Taking my vette to the track next week to see how it does... probably 2.3 60s haha

Rev Happy

Established Member
See this is the part I hate about kill stories..
Yes its a win , but if the guy dosent know what the F*** hes doing than really to me its not a kill.
I can race a 1000 hp Mustang and if I beat him but know he was a terrible driver than for me its not really a win, just some play time..
The other guy racing you has to somewhat know what hes doing...:beer:
At the end of the day a win is a win ..:beer:

You still talk to Armon? What's he driving these days?

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Actually your thread is just misleading.
You beat the driver not the car..

+2bajillion

You should have built equally skilled robots to drive your cars so that the race would be even, and then we could argue about it on the side of the road, and then eventually on this site.

:dancenana:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
+2bajillion

You should have built equally skilled robots to drive your cars so that the race would be even, and then we could argue about it on the side of the road, and then eventually on this site.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speaking of which, I heard from a little birdie (Rob) that you're one hell of a driver. Maybe when you come down next with the C6, you can give [VET HNTR] some hell at the track!?

:rockon:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I also ran a member of SVTP that goes by runsonboosts. He's got a H/C/I/, LT's-full exhaust C5 ZO6 and got him pretty good, but he was hoping going into 2nd. I think I remember someone asking about his Vette because they knew he could drive. LOL

Good runs, Nate!

svt2z06

11 Second Club
Established Member
I also ran a member of SVTP that goes by runsonboosts. He's got a H/C/I/, LT's-full exhaust C5 ZO6 and got him pretty good, but he was hoping going into 2nd. I think I remember someone asking about his Vette because they knew he could drive. LOL

Good runs, Nate!

Actually, I was the one that asked you to race his car but not because of how good or bad of a driver he is but because that used to be my car and I built it. I ran consistent 11.6-11.8's in that car. I am assuming he didn't run that fast if you beat him "pretty good". Weird that you said he was hopping, I had over 50 runs in that car and I don't ever remember having a problem with wheel hop. Maybe he has changed some things with the car, what did your guys runs look like time-wise?

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speaking of which, I heard from a little birdie (Rob) that you're one hell of a driver. Maybe when you come down next with the C6, you can give [VET HNTR] some hell at the track!?

:rockon:

If by track you mean Foothill...then yes haha.

Dont expect a much different outcome from the run you had with rob tho...

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
If by track you mean Foothill...then yes haha.

Dont expect a much different outcome from the run you had with rob tho...

That was with 2 190lb. passengers and without me driving on some shitty 18" street tires. :burnout:

Lets take it to the track, bro. I'm no street racer. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread