[VET HNTR] Gets Twin-Screwed!

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
C6 ZO6's have nowhere to hide now! I finally did it... I ordered the Generation 2 W140ax Whipple a week and a half ago and got it in Saturday at 5:45pm. It was really the only thing left to do on my Cobra; full suspension, fully built SRA, built T-56, and soon to be full exhaust... Called up Xavier (good mechanic friend of mine with a PI swapped GT) at almost midnight and we pulled an all nighter and got it on along with the Siemens 60lb. Injectors/Harnesses, SCT BA-2400 MAF, and Billetflow Single Blade Throttle Body by 4 something in the morning after having cleaned the intercooler, lower intake, and engine compartment. I still have to get the Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump on tomorrow after work.

Although everything was done, X accidentally snapped one of the intake manifold bolts off in the intake so off it went again and we used an easy out to get it out and started all over again. Note to self... There's a reason torque specs exist. Thank God that a buddy of mine had his Terminator there so that I could borrower one of his. LOL

My long tube's come in tomorrow and next on my list is the EGR Delete, JLT Ram Air Intake, and a tune by none other then Greg at R.E.T. I got 3 pulley's with my Whipple to compliment my Metco 4lb. Lower Pulley that are good for 17psi, 21psi, and 25psi. Pump gas tune and race gas tune, here I come!!!

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3067.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

Silverboost

Established Member
It's odd that your supercharger pulley and snout are purple anodized. My Gen II is all black. Yours is like the Gen I blowers.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Congrats bro! Welcome to the family! :rockon:

You will LOVE the blower! It doesn't feel anything like the Eaton!

With your weight reduction and the newly added power, your Terminator is gonna hurt A LOT of feelings!

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
I'm just as happy for you in this thread as i was in the other one! lol

bigmoose

Established Member
I broke one of my intake bolts using a torque wrench. From now on I will torque them by hand.

+1

what i found out is that the write up on here for swapping the blower has the wrong torque specs. or at least they were much higher than the ones listed on alldata:shrug:. i was on the second stage of the process and snapped one also.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Nice...but you had Vet hntr as a plate with only a eaton? Thats asking for trouble.

Ps were's your exhaust?

Last edited:

brads1

Established Member
+1

what i found out is that the write up on here for swapping the blower has the wrong torque specs. or at least they were much higher than the ones listed on alldata:shrug:. i was on the second stage of the process and snapped one also.

prob because you didn't realize they were inlbs and not ft...

I had a friend helping me knock out putting the blower back on my car, he set the torque wrench to the value in ftpounds and snapped the intake bolt in half... it's in pounds, works out to something like 7 foot pounds, which is pretty much hand tight.

CobraRyan

Banned
Nice...thats a really nice throttle body. Now that you have been practicing at the track with the upper/lower eaton, the whipple should be cake.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Nice...but you had Vet hntr as a plate with only a eaton? Thats asking for trouble.

Ps were's your exhaust?

I used to barely lose to them on a roll with my stock unported Eaton. Why do people think that they're ubeatable? I just don't get it...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCeyaL1PmaY"] YouTube - [VET HNTR] vs. C6 ZO6 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2te767F0YNQ"] YouTube - [VET HNTR] vs. C6 ZO6 2[/ame]

I lost by maybe a bumper each time going from where he wanted to; his power band...

And they didn't stand a chance against me at the track with my "Eaton only" Cobra. I tried to race 3 other C6 ZO6's that night and they all told me that they didn't want to get spanked in front of a croud. LMFAO

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJQLMjWog9w"]YouTube - [VET HNTR] vs. C6 ZO6 at Irwindale[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread