Very stiff clutch after some braking in highway

Canson

Established Member
I have a 2012 Shelby GT500 with stock clutch i believe and the clutch assist spring seems to be removed.

When i drive on highway and do some normal braking or heavy braking my clutch is very stiff when i press on it and release. (Maybe a second time too)

But then it works normal again.

Anyone that has noticed it too?

212e2dk.jpg

Snoopy49

Established Member
The 2012 GT500's did not have a clutch assist spring. The only thing that the brakes and clutch systems share is the fluid reservoir. Check the fluid in the reservoir and see if it is light and clear or dark colored.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Id try and verify through the service invoice what type of brake fluid got put in. Other than that, you may have an issue with the clutch master cylinder. Id let a mechanic check it out.

Canson

Established Member
The 2012 GT500's did not have a clutch assist spring. The only thing that the brakes and clutch systems share is the fluid reservoir. Check the fluid in the reservoir and see if it is light and clear or dark colored.
Oh, I though 2012 shelby gt500 had the clutch spring too. Thanks for correction. The fluid was just under MAX and it was light and clear.
Id try and verify through the service invoice what type of brake fluid got put in. Other than that, you may have an issue with the clutch master cylinder. Id let a mechanic check it out.
My service invoice always use Ford Dot 3 fluid, the one from manual.

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Canson

Established Member
I just thought the clutch maybe need to bleeded. So I started the car and let it be in idle and pumped the clutch like more than 100 times. After that I went to highway in 6th gear 60-80 mph and did some braking and when pressed the clutch it felt normal for me. Lol so weird :)

Don't really know if the bleeding helped. Will come back after some more driving and update you guys.

But has anyone experienced the the very stiff clutch after some braking? Or does your clutch acts normal all time?

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread