Very Slow and basic truck, need some suggestions

IgnorantOwner

Established Member
Hey guys,

I drive a 2000 4.2L v6 Ford F-150 XLT! I am a college student who's parents have money, but will not get me a new car. They will however, allow me to do some minor things to it if I would like.

Im not going to be able to spend a whole lot, but then again I dont believe it to be worth it to do so on this vehicle. I just want the thing to possibly have some more power or actually...I just want the damn thing to accelerate more quickley than it does, because when I floor the thing...it basically go nowhere.

So any basic mods you guys think I should have done...and suggestions...anything that might help me out, and wont be to extreme just let me know.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Best,

IO

Last edited:

LZRRED01

Sooo Long Iraq... For now
Established Member
Put some gears in the back, I believe that in your truck they are probably 3.08:1. Swapping it would definitely help you out with a little bit more speed. Fortunately your truck has tons of acessories for this stuff. You could also try a cold-air intake. Is your truck a 5 speed or auto. Either way I would highly recommend for you to check out Gears 3.73 or 4.10's are about as high as I would go. The best part is that it is relatively inexpensive (poor mans supercharger is what they did call em back in the day)

spike_africa

Established Member
i would also highly recomend a set of gears. I had stock 3.08's in my 99 4.6 and i went to 4.10's with a locker it was night and day. a cold air intake is a good, mod you can get cheap ones off ebay for good prices and is easy to add on. There are otrher little things like tune,headers,TB port the elbow etc... but i dont know how serius you are with this.

Users who are viewing this thread