Very Sad Drunk Driving Story. (No 56k)

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I am always amazed at the amount of people who are so drunk that they do not have a clue they are driving the wrong way on the expressway head on into oncoming traffic, many times with tragic results, well the latest I have read about may be worst I have ever read.
Sadly 5 innocent victims lives were taken by a stubborn, ignorant, selfish, drunk fool who piloted his brothers F350 Diesel the wrong way down I-280 into oncoming traffic for 6 miles before he crashed nearly head on into a Chevy Astro Minivan loaded with a family of 8 and their holiday gifts with such force that it peeled the entire right side of the van off ejecting and killing the 5 people on right side of the minivan. The victims ages vary from 2 months to her 32 year old mother.

The baby and More than half the people in this pic are gone.
w-baby.jpg

w-family.jpg

They didnt stand a chance.
w-fatal1.jpg

photo_servlet

This piece of excrement Michael Gangon who was described as "belligerent and uncooperative" and had the gall to complain about pain in his jaw and the audacity to walk around examining the accident scene while talking on a cell phone should never see the light of day again. The bartenders who served him should also be brought up on charges and the establishment should have their liquor license revoked.
bilde

After he left the tavern, he stopped at taco bell, taco bell workers tried to hold him up while they called 911.
bilde

It just amazes me in this country where in half the states you cant smoke cigarettes in the very establishments that offer the mind bending beverages that go hand in hand with daily tragedies caused by idiots consuming these beverages every day of the week.
Sure I believe the people causing these accidents are ultimately to blame but the beverages that gets folks drunk is regulated and taxed by the damn Government, I don't need a history lesson about prohibition or the war on drugs but I just get sick of hearing about these dirty drunkards who kill some of the most innocent among us.
As far as that bar that served him, they blew it, it wasn't their fault, but a drunk driver who was partying in their place killed 5 people, they should be done, give the license to someone else and let them have a go at it.
Honestly even if you aren't driving, why do you need to be that drunk anyway ? (.254)
Sorry for the long and photo heavy post but I havent been able to get this story out of my head since I read about it Monday.

It also really touched me due to the fact that I have a wife and 16 month old little girl that I cherish and dearly love. As well as having buried a loved one Saturday.
Imagining the thought of this happening to my wife little girl makes me sick to my stomach, I don't believe in murder but I could be swayed if put in this situation.
I know there are alot of binge drinkers out there, just thought I would post some results of a half a night of binge drinking and a bad decision.

Full stories.
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080101/NEWS03/679529958
http://www.myfoxtoledo.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=5372387&version=6&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1
If I am wasting bandwidth, abusing pictures or any other problems, please delete this post.

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
i agree thats bad but half these people street race, drink and\or smoke illegal substances... just gota know when not to drive at night (if u dont have to), especially on new years. it may not be right but its common sense

next week it will all be forgotten and no one is going to change

black93

Established Member
i agree thats bad but half these people street race, drink and\or smoke illegal substances... just gota know when not to drive at night (if u dont have to), especially on new years. it may not be right but its common sense

next week it will all be forgotten and no one is going to change

so true

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
Very very sad, my heart goes out to the family, and that POS is a dead man walking!

SoCal94

Established Member
I lost two cousins, who were killed in 1988 in a similar crash. Big pickup truck with drunk asshole driving on the WRONG SIDE of the road, hits small sedan and kills all three occupants.

It was his 3rd drunk driving arrest.

Almost 20 years later and my family is still not healed. My aunt and uncle couldn't take the pain of seeing each other and remembering their children. The rest of the family didn't know how to comfort without reminding. They were too old to start another family.

The guy got a slap on the wrist and was free to do it again. Where's the justice in that?

NA97GT

Established Member
This is one of the worst things I've ever seen. I couldn't imagine having half my family wiped out like this.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
wow and all he has is a lil scratch on his chin? what a scum. that scar is going to be a good cushion for some nuts for a very very very long time.

darkcrayz

Established Member
that is horrible. im sorry to hear that.

my only contradictory opinion zora is the bar. as much as this is a trajedy, and im not saying its not. its the guys responsibility because even though he got drunk at the bar he could have gotten drunk at home. and we can argue what if's all night about the bar cutting him off, but I work at a bar and we kick guys out all night that are drunk and they wander down to other bars and are allowed to drink. he could stay at home and get loaded and decide he is hungry and go out and drink.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
damn, why does the drunk driver always survive? poor poor family.

The drunk driver usually survives because he has so much alcohol in his system that he is relaxed and usually doesn't see what he hits coming so he doesn't tense up. when the crash occurs he is thrown around like a rag doll.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
The drunk driver usually survives because he has so much alcohol in his system that he is relaxed and usually doesn't see what he hits coming so he doesn't tense up. when the crash occurs he is thrown around like a rag doll.

Exactly. Such a sad story that we hear all too often. Once is too much in my eyes. Accidents happen, this should not have. -Mat-

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Honestly I don't know what I'd do if I was first on scene. That guy would be hurtin till the cops got there..

Users who are viewing this thread