Vert guys, do you all have roll bars to run?

OhIIICobra

Established Member
My buddy has a C5 vert and wants to run, but doesn't want to install a bar. A stock 03 C5 should run 13.6 @ 107 according to carpoint. Vert bar requirement is 13.99. Won't most tech officials let you run once and if your too fast you get booted. Or do you think they'll even let him pass tech. I'm a coupe only guy and haven't broken 11.99 so I overlooked the bar requirement for my vert buddy.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
It really depends on the track. I'm sure he can get at least one run in. After that he could probably still make 1/8 mile passes and just shut it down after that. Around here he could get away with it all day as long it's not a sanctioned event. I've been running high 10's and low 11's for awhile and nobody has said anything. Just make sure he has a helmet, cause they will definately say something about that.

snakecharmer

Established Member
As F8LSNAKE said, it all depends on the track. Around here they don't tech squat. I've been to other tracks where your car had better be 100% legal or they won't let you run a single pass.

bfoley

Established Member
My track let me go 10.1X's and still never said anything.. I did put one in though

Users who are viewing this thread