VENOMIZED03 old Cobra getting Turbo'd!!! And a good bit more

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Yeah man it's hard to even comprehend how much it will cost to go big power with a turbo... Projects like these just nickel and dime you to death hahaha

So worth it though!

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Hey Woody, glad to see you're up and running again. I moved out to San Diego since I met ya at Rockingham, but my cobra is still doing fine. I flogged the shit out of it at FFW Virginia as well. Return style fuel system and more boost is on the way!

Well that sucks for the Cali guys haha, you have a BADASS car man!! Sure wish we could have sat down and shot the bull a little more! Take care bro and have fun in Cali

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
i'd love to get a turbo kit some day!

I'd say be careful of what you wish for bro. Mine has been headache after headache. If I could find someone right now with a 3.4 Whipple or a Big KB and all the supporting mods i.e. exhaust and front cover and what not I would trade them TODAY. Of course provided they had a good shop doing the switch. I really am tired of the bs. I know if I just relax and start back when I'm clam I will have a very strong car but right now man I'm tired of fighting leaks and so on.

Last edited:

carolinacat

...LOST
Established Member
Na his numbers seem right i made 630 through a c4 with like 22 psi i then put the six speed back in and made 795 at 26 psi. was a pts kit with the water to air still. Relax man you ll get it right.

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Thanks man, I have since moved to Germany and stored the car for the next couple years. I have no plans on touching it unless I come home once in awhile.

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Thanks guys!

Good to hear. Where did you make some passes at?

I ran my passes at Fayetteville Motor Sport Park in Fayetteville NC. Here is a link to a thread that has pics of my car launching and a pic of the time slip. I am so stoked about the car!!! On the bad news side, three days later a Semi rearended me and pushed me under a dodge truck. I believe the car will be able to be fixed. Now just to get me patched up. I'll keep you guys up to date.

[ame="http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98441"]Congrats Woody!!!!!!! - HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums[/ame]

Last edited:

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Here is the update on the Cobra, it was hit last year and I have my close friend Arthur Todd who has been working on it for me over the last year, just taking his time and only working on it when he really feels like it. He is the only man to win the golden medalion with a 1966 coupe car he restored, so him working on my car only when he really feels like it you know it is going to be amazing. He is just about finished up with it and I should be picking it back up in a couple weeks. I have been in Germany this whole time so it doesn't bother me to not have the car as I would not have it anyway lol. I am back home now and driving my mini cooper so I am not carless either. I am super stoked about the car being done and the fact that he sat there and worked out most all of the metal work by hand to ensure my car had as little as possible bondo in it. Great having great friends. I'll get some pics up when I get it back.

SPoole

Established Member
So I just read thru the thread, and it sounds like you have been through a lot with the build. Too bad it got hit,but good to hear someone talented is working on it.
And congrats on the fast pass!

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
just wondering what all you did different from before. What boost level was that at and what power did it put down to go that 9.99

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
just wondering what all you did different from before. What boost level was that at and what power did it put down to go that 9.99

The only thing that was changed was a return style fuel system, the tune was played with a little and the boost peak for that pass as my setup only recalls the peek boost was 24#'s on the dyno it only showed 19#'s and put down 631RWHP.

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
The Cobra will be going under the knife again soon, I will be adding a cage and looking at a set of twins for it. I would like to get deep in the nines.

Users who are viewing this thread