VENOMIZED03 old Cobra getting Turbo'd!!! And a good bit more

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
^haha yeah i could imagine, how much power is this monster going to be running in street trim?

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
are you serious?

posted...my motor blew up

then listed possable cause

then ..."knows what they are doing"

:??:

i love how people on the internet always know what they are doing.

Typical "it must be the tune" response. Dude please shut up, you have NO CLUE what happened.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
i love how people on the internet always know what they are doing.

Typical "it must be the tune" response. Dude please shut up, you have NO CLUE what happened.

Then what was it?

Where all here wondering what failed and what was replaced.

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Yeah well I got no hands down proof of what caused the failure man. I just don't want to bash someone or have everyone on the internet bashing people because they think they know what happened. Truth is it went lean some how some way. Testing has been done to figure out the problem but no absolute answer was given to me as the single point of failure.

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
just find out what happened otherwise you might find yourself hurting the new motor. it is just common sense. you said yourself you are broke, can you afford another motor?:shrug:

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
just find out what happened otherwise you might find yourself hurting the new motor. it is just common sense. you said yourself you are broke, can you afford another motor?:shrug:

Good point, I now have Randy Haywood taking care of the car and on my street tune with 18#s of boost and 12.5 degrees of timing the car went 10.74 @ 128 skating down a not so well prepped track. Mind you this is on my street tune with 93 octane in the tank.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
It sucks that you spent all that money, and it seems like they couldnt even make sure you had a nice tune. Enjoy the car before you go overseas. Youve earned it.

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
well the update is the car made 622 rwhp on 21#s of boost and 20 degrees of timing. That is through an 4500 stall auto. I am pretty happy with it!!

Last edited:

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
I am looking into having him change the setup a little so we can get more boost out of it. I really wanted to see 24 to 26#s of boost on the dyno. I am sure it will make a good bit of difference. Oh and I absolutely love the return style fuel system he put on for me. Really nice looking and man does it keep the FP steady.

Ltd10th03cobra

3.4 Whipple Crusher 22psi
Established Member
Really nice work and nice car. What are the specs on the new motor? You must have spent like 20k on mods so far with the new motor and all. Have fun and good luck with it.

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Really nice work and nice car. What are the specs on the new motor? You must have spent like 20k on mods so far with the new motor and all. Have fun and good luck with it.

Wow would I like to say yes I have spent 20K. I have spent a little over double that man. But the motor is a MMR 900 with Manley piston, Manley rods, stock forged crak, new steel block, stock bore, with stage three ported heads, stock cams, upgraded oil pump. I upgraded the end cap bolts as well to 2000 series end cap bolts.

Here is a link, I bought the MMR MOD 900 Long block with http://www.modularmustangracing.com/
1. Add all timing chains, lifters, rockers,
Tensioners and assemble, and time cams +$699

2. Upgrade to Stainless Steel Valves +$369.99

3. Upgrade to Comp Valve Springs (required for High RPM/ non-factory cams)+369.99

4. Upgrade to MMR Street/Racing Oil pump +$99

5. Upgrade to Stage 2 Ported Heads +$799 But my bill said Stage 3 for some reason.

6. Add ARP Main Studs +$169

7. Upgrade to ARP 2000 Rod bolts +$99

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Hey Woody, glad to see you're up and running again. I moved out to San Diego since I met ya at Rockingham, but my cobra is still doing fine. I flogged the shit out of it at FFW Virginia as well. Return style fuel system and more boost is on the way!

Users who are viewing this thread