Venom F14 Front Brake Upgrade?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If I had the money and a buyer for my Focus Rs calipers and 17" wheel and tire inventory, I would be all over that!
The lower brake temps are legit, the increased brake torque is legit, the only down sides are the overall money and rotating and unsprung weight.

I think it's a good deal.

EDIT!! reality check!!! The GT500 rotors are too thick to work with my current calipers, not even the thinner Viper pads would work.

Dream SMASHED!!
This Venom kit though.... would be totally awesome!

Last edited:

sonicmach1

Established Member
If they clear my AFS 18" rims (which they should) this is the kit I am going to get.

The Vintage Venom owner was a brake / chassis engineer at Ford and worked on the Cobra, Cobra R, etc. brake systems.

sonicmach1

Established Member
They will clear my AFS rims with ease so I hope to be ordering them in the near future.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
They will clear my AFS rims with ease so I hope to be ordering them in the near future.

I have been talking to Vintage Venom Rob via emails, and his credibility regarding brake tech is off the chart!

He is an amazing wealth of information and an indisputable braking expert.

If and when funds allow this is the brake solution I want for my car.

He was saying the13" 4 piston Y2KR set up was what they(the engineers on the project) had wanted on the 95R, and the 14"x 1.125" Venom style larger Brembo was what they wanted on the Y2KR.

Obviously bean counters got in the way, yet how things have changed now that you can get that same big brake on a regular 2011 Mustang GT!

Which makes that kit even more attractive because replacement parts will be common place and likely priced accordingly!

What a great time to be a gear head!!

sonicmach1

Established Member
Yes Rob is sharp and a great guy. I trust him with my brake questions. I knew him loosely while working at Ford too via mutual friends. He was one of a handful of Tier 4 performance rated drivers at Ford and he would chat about his talk he just had with Jackie Stewart like I was talking about my a chat I just had with a co-worker. Pretty cool.

I ordered the kit today - it should be here on Monday or so. :rockon:

The kit now comes with ARP 12pt bolts for the caliper brackets which will be in stock later next week and shipped separately. I expect to install the kit over Memorial Day weekend most likely.

It is a plus to have some off the shelf pads avaialable for economies of scale and not a special one-off. I cannot wait to get them.

Last edited:

sonicmach1

Established Member
Hope these fit 18" TSW Thruxtons

I will be taking detailed pictures of the parts, my installation, and my before and after clearances to assist others with the kit too.

They are scheduled to be arrive Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread