Vendor disappeared.. now what?

Twisted2v

Established Member
Unrelated to Coronavirus.

I don’t think this guy/company is a scammer. He makes emblems for aftermarket Kia and Subarus. His retailers appear to mark his emblems as discontinued. He has his own Amazon store with good ratings. Responsive to emails until a year ago.

I was thinking he could be a scammer so I set up a new email/fake name and submitted a new quote request as bait. Have not heard anything. Must have died or something.

I paid him a deposit of $3,200 to make custom emblems. I have an address to a mailbox in a UPS store that I sent the money order(from my personal bank).

Is there anything I can do from a legal perspective to get my money back?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You paid a deposit of $3200 for the emblems a year and a half ago? So when was the order to be filled?

Twisted2v

Established Member
I’ll call up his retailers on Monday.
You paid a deposit of $3200 for the emblems a year and a half ago? So when was the order to be filled?

Yes, it was a deposit to create the design and mold.

It was a complicated design and told them to make it from a picture.

There’s tons of emails back and forth. I sent revisions for him to make, and haven’t heard back from him since last summer.

I’m still pursuing these emblems though. Working with some artists. This will not deter me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I’ll call up his retailers on Monday.

Yes, it was a deposit to create the design and mold.

It was a complicated design and told them to make it from a picture.

There’s tons of emails back and forth. I sent revisions for him to make, and haven’t heard back from him since last summer.

I’m still pursuing these emblems though. Working with some artists. This will not deter me.
Thanks for the additional information. I was a bit surprised at the time frame, but your info fills in some blanks. I surely hope you can fulfill your emblem goals AND get some monetary satisfaction in some way.

Twisted2v

Established Member
Small claims court? That is once you actually find out who he is?

You might want to call the attorney general in the state you think he is / was in.

Thanks. I have his name through email, assuming it’s real. I think there are too many signs that say he was honest. Maybe he died.

Twisted2v

Established Member
Thanks for the additional information. I was a bit surprised at the time frame, but your info fills in some blanks. I surely hope you can fulfill your emblem goals AND get some monetary satisfaction in some way.

Thanks. I’m doing some simple parts to begin with. But it’s unbelievably hard to get done. I’m about to buy the machinery myself.

Makes me wonder how Elon Musk can have cars and rockets built.

Twisted2v

Established Member
sorry man sounds like you're screwed

It’s whatever. I’ll write it off on my taxes.

Would’ve sucked even if he gave me a product. I’d have demand but run out of inventory.

This time I’ll have artists design exactly what I want.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If you can't reach him it's time to write off the loss or sue. The choice is yours as to which will be the most beneficial in the long term.

MFE

Established Member
If you have his name and location, google "[his name] of [his location] +died" and you'll probably find an obituary.

_Snake_

Established Member
Unrelated to Coronavirus.

I don’t think this guy/company is a scammer. He makes emblems for aftermarket Kia and Subarus. His retailers appear to mark his emblems as discontinued. He has his own Amazon store with good ratings. Responsive to emails until a year ago.

I was thinking he could be a scammer so I set up a new email/fake name and submitted a new quote request as bait. Have not heard anything. Must have died or something.

I paid him a deposit of $3,200 to make custom emblems. I have an address to a mailbox in a UPS store that I sent the money order(from my personal bank).

Is there anything I can do from a legal perspective to get my money back?

PM me a name, city, and state and I’ll see what I can find out.

Twisted2v

Established Member
If you have his name and location, google "[his name] of [his location] +died" and you'll probably find an obituary.

There is a guy in NY that died Dec 31, 2018. I did receive a few emails after that date, but it could be someone that tried to take over.

Users who are viewing this thread