Velgen Classic Fives / Nitto 555 G2's & 555RII's

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Fit:
Fronts are perfect. Rears need to tuck in 1/2" more imo. I don't hate them though, so they'll stay. Velgen did specifically tell me that if I wanted them to tuck in, under the fender lip, I would need to run the 295 tire. Well, the upper shoulder does tuck in, just not be a ton. I may look into having the pad milled a little bit. It may not be possible without compromising wheel strength. It's an unknown for now.

Driving impression:
Wow! I've been driving on Weld Alumastars (17") with MT SR radials and Weld S71 RTS's (17") w/beadlocks for the last 1.5 years. These balanced well and all, but man, I forgot how much nicer a good set of street wheels drove! No, I can't apply as much power in the low gears, but I did go as far as maybe 10 second power yesterday in part throttle boost and the tires hooked up with zero spin (22lbs in them). I'll give it more, that was just my second drive on them. They balanced out well, I want to say 3oz max on one of the rear tires. 130mph and smooth as glass. I don't normally drive like that, but just wanted to test out the balance.

I may try these on the track, just to go for a single digit pass on 20's.

In closing, I'll say that anyone who only has a drag setup, is completely missing out on another type of driving satisfaction and vice versa. Drag wheels and a nasty, 15" tire (yes, going back to 15's) are just as fun, in a different way.

The car:
I just completed (Friday) datalogging my new engine and I'm expecting 1000+ rwhp. That's how I drive it all the time. I expect to dyno soon.

Details:
Velgen Classic Fives 20x9 / 20x10.5
Nitto 555 G2 275/35
Nitto 555RII 295/35

Thanks for reading...
a07026830a2f385fed3fa7cfa79de22a.jpg
032465c211fb45ce4f6e1a23079b3ce2.jpg
2099b7a372be1725c8dbbfe16b99475f.jpg
58e81e836fd9073222af8fca775195d8.jpg
437d1cee7b0722e8569fe20718d8426d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
31c3ba9f05a82296931a7a4dfdf576f7.jpg
58cc35fb82985efd222d75580c206eef.jpg

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I just post right from my phone, it works well.
I gave up on photobucket long ago.
You might also be able to link Facebook pics also but I’m not sure.
Car looks great in person, that much I do know :)
-J

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
J - I do the same thing. Without a VIP membership, I can only upload "small" or "medium" files. So I choose medium and it condenses them. Shrugging shoulders. Lol.

Thanks for the kind words.

For the record, these will not hold a roll on to wot on concrete in second in this trim. I tested that, earlier this evening.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Car looks great, I can't believe you waited this long to put your street set up back on. Are you still working on the tune, are you having issues with it? I think I remember you starting the tune back in the late spring??

As always car looks great I'm sure once the weather cools off you have it back at the track!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Car looks great, I can't believe you waited this long to put your street set up back on. Are you still working on the tune, are you having issues with it? I think I remember you starting the tune back in the late spring??

As always car looks great I'm sure once the weather cools off you have it back at the track!

Hey Riddick. I just drove on the Welds every week. Lol. This 20" setup is similar to my old ones, but these are brand new.

I switched tuners. Started completely over.

I also wasted time, getting the fuel system figured out. Tried a bap on the staged pump, that didn't work right, tried to correct it, still not right, then sending my hat in for a triple conversion and all. Each time I had something done with the bap, it was a week in between, as I don't know wiring and a friend doing it was only available once a week. The triple conversion took three weeks from sending out to return and install.

The good news is, it's all ready to go and I'm thrilled with the new tuner and upcoming training I will be receiving.

As soon as the cooler weather rolls in, I'll dyno. I plan to be ready for 1/8th mile passes in the spring.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Jon, thanks for providing me a detailed response on what's going on with the car. You know if you would have sold me your fuel hat a few months ago when I was asking you never would have had a fuel issue, .

At the level your car is I'd say these issues are probably normal, you're almost in uncharted territory. Would love to know who the new tuner is if you don't mind sharing? If you don't want to share I understand.

Make sure to keep us updated on your car. I know these forums don't get a lot of traffic but there's a few of us on here that follow you. Take care brotha.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I know, I should have just sold it to you. Ha ha ha ha ha.

The new tuner is Scott Hasty. He used to be on here. If you have any questions about this, fire away.

I'll definitely update SVTP. Thanks for the kind words.

Users who are viewing this thread