vehicle specific tune?

bumplime

Established Member
I bought my tuner and intake used and then bought a 2.59 from VMP. The tuner is an SCT X2, loaded with 92 octane tune from Evolution, ive been told that they use to be selling Lund tunes. I installed everything and the car is much faster than stock obviously and I have no reason to suspect anything is "wrong" other than a lot of exhaust soot in my exhaust tips.
I have two local shops who will dyno the car and check to ensure A/F is in a safe range.
I'm just wondering what could be gained from a Data log/ remote tune session with another tuner. Have they found new tunes that are more making better HP? I have sent an email to both Jon Lund and VMP for info also.

mullens

Established Member
Although they could look at some parameters through a datalog, your best bet is to have it dynoed. Then you can get a true A/F reading and other important data. The soot in your exhaust is a good thing, as it indicates a rich condition. Too rich is ok; too lean no good.

Last edited:

NJSP117

Established Member
I bought my tuner and intake used and then bought a 2.59 from VMP. The tuner is an SCT X2, loaded with 92 octane tune from Evolution, ive been told that they use to be selling Lund tunes. I installed everything and the car is much faster than stock obviously and I have no reason to suspect anything is "wrong" other than a lot of exhaust soot in my exhaust tips.
I have two local shops who will dyno the car and check to ensure A/F is in a safe range.
I'm just wondering what could be gained from a Data log/ remote tune session with another tuner. Have they found new tunes that are more making better HP? I have sent an email to both Jon Lund and VMP for info also.

If i were you, I'd still take it to a local shop that has experience with these cars and have them dyno it. At least you'll have the data of what HP the car is making as well as the peace of mind knowing that the A/F mixture is on the safe side.
I think the main thing you'll get on a remote tune via datalog is the expertise of someone who knows these cars/engines very well and can prob dial you in a lot better than a shop with less GT500 specific tuning experience....just my thoughts....but you can't go wrong with either Jon or Justin doing a remote tune for you. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread