Vegas Trip

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
why did everyone think I died?! hahahaha

just gettin married and gettin fat :D

I mean when you disappear for 2 years, that happens. The Covid could've got you.

That makes sense, I wondered why your girl quit hitting me up.

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

MFE

Established Member
BTW, when I go to Vegas I always stay downtown as home base and enjoy the freak show on Fremont Street when I want to chill, but goddamn, so many junkies now. Don't bother going before about 5 PM and don't stay later than about 1 am. Other than that, enjoy three stages of free live music on weekends and big cheap drinks, especially at the Four Queens bar.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Wife and i go to Vegas a couple times a year and we don’t gamble. Cosmopolitan ftw—request a room facing the bellagio and enjoy fountain views from your balcony at night. Stk as stated before, beauty and Essex is incredible, eggslut for breakfast, secret pizza parlor for late night food. Pool at cosmo is great.

Circ de soleal shows are great. If you have thick skin, see the show “absence” in the tent outside caesars and sit in the front row. We do that at least once a year and it’s a blast. You will get roasted hard by the emcee, but the show is fantastic

If you’re staying for more than 2-3 days, you can do a side trip, etc. otherwise take in the sites, check out the shops at aria/bellagio, and wear comfortable shoes

Don’t rent a car. Use taxis and agree to the price of the trip—tell them to shut off the meter. Ubers are tougher to get outside of your hotel.

Machdup1

Established Member
If your primary or convention location are on or near the Monorail, it’s pretty handy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've been to Vegas. If you're basically going to be either at the convention center or Hilton, doing a taxi or Uber is a no brainer. Renting is, IMO, a waste of money and as already mentioned, parking is a pain in the butt usually. Congrats on whatever award you're getting, Nick.

40th GT

Established Member
I rented a car through Turo and it was a good experience. Contactless pickup/dropoff was a plus, though not all hosts may do this. The other cool thing about Turo is you can pick obscure cars and can come out cheaper than the usual Enterprise/Budget rates. Obviously this depends on demand at the time, etc. I drove a Buick Regal T (yes the T stands for turbo) for $70 a day with upgraded insurance. It was a comfortable but also fun ride. I went to the Grand Canyon and back with it.

The one time I chose not to rent a car, I landed at the airport and had to wait about 45 minutes for a cab. Lyft/uber was overrun that night and there weren't enough drivers for everyone.

nxhappy

Established Member
should have taken the Ferrari on the track damn it lol

Users who are viewing this thread