Vegas Trip

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounds like Uber is the way to go. Might rent a fun car to run out to the Hoover Dam one day!

Sent from my Potato

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Think I was 40 or so the first and only time I’ve been to Vegas.

Always thought it would be too much for me.

Not a gambler at all; took out $500 cash to gamble and went home with the same $500 in cash lol.

Just walking around and having drinks here and there was a cool. Lots and lots of stuff to see.

Went up in the stratosphere for drinks one night and that was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Same here. I don’t gamble, at all. It was the experience of walking around and experiencing Vegas that I like.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Shelby America is located in Vegas. Go check it out. Worth the visit.
If you are on your feet all day, having to walk a mile back to the Hotel can suck.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
If you end up renting a car do everything in the one day you have it go to the Hoover dam and then get back into town and stop at the Shelby museum and then that night go downtown old Las Vegas

VegasMichael

Established Member
A word about Lyft and Uber in Vegas:

Last edited:

quad

Established Member
Same here. I don’t gamble, at all. It was the experience of walking around and experiencing Vegas that I like.
Yep same with me. Don’t gamble. I saw George Carlin in Vegas. It was interesting lol!

nxhappy

Established Member
love vegas. I go 2-3 times a year. uber is great for getting around, or just walking.
little tip: if you bet $100 at the sports book, ask for a couple drink tickets, you get them for free. Fogo de Chao is supposed to be VERY good as "all you can eat meat".

MFE

Established Member
Thing about rental cars is...ya gotta park 'em. And that's a PITA. Now make no mistake: The average Uber/Lyft from, say, strip to downtown is going to run you $20-30. It adds up. But front door delivery and not having to park and pay before you can go where you want to go is priceless. Speaking of Uber/Lyft, run both apps and compare ride prices before committing. Sometimes the difference is shocking and it's not predictable who's going to win.

Also, shows? Damn near fell asleep at Cirque's "Love". Maybe if you take an edible first, other than that? ****ing waste of time. You want FUN? Go see Absinthe.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
The comments about wait times for ride share is why I mentioned old school taxis. Last time there for Sema 2019, we used taxis quite a few times because they were there. The taxi line at McCarran, is an incredible machine of people moving. You will see the massive line, and say no way, but in 5 minutes, 40 taxis have come and gone.

As mentioned, Shebly's relocation from LV Motor Speedway makes it much easier to see. The museum is also much larger.

If you rent an exotic car, be sure you check the terms. I explored it a few times, but there is also a charge per mile on top of the daily fee, and it was not worth it to me.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Hope you have a good trip. I’ve never gone just for fun, only 5-6 times for work.
If going out of town, Hoover Dam and Red Rock national park are both cool. Best Dam tour I’ve ever been on :)
No need for a car unless you want to do a day out of town, which depends on how many days.
My first trip, neither my wife or I had been and she was pregnant. I rented a Hertz GT-H Mustang and we did the canyon and Hoover dam and old Vegas.
Otherwise, if no time for a day away from the conference, then no car needed.
Definitely do at least one date night out for a nice dinner and a show.
And last, definitely see Shelby American!
Have fun.
-J

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Surprised no one mentioned the monorail that runs up and down the strip. Buy a pass and ride all day if you want. We did that when we went to the builders show back in '19.

**** Biden

96dreamer

Established Member
If you're only a mile from the convention center just walk. A mile isn't far at all on the strip with everything there is to look at. As others said you can't go to Vegas and not do the Best Damn Tour pictures do no justice to everything there is to take in at the damn. I would recommend renting a wrangle for a day or two and just go drive. There's a bunch of random trails out in the dessert and hills you can just go drive down. If you do the red rock park do it right before sunset and you'll get some beautiful views. Bonus if you are in a jeep there is a 4x4 trail towards the back of the park you can drive up into and get some amazing views you can't get anywhere else.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I don’t like waiting around. First thing I did when we landed in Vegas was get a car. Then you can go wherever you want and don’t have to call and wait for an Uber.
I usually drive to Vegas, my car ends up in the parking lot 90% of the time unless I have to drive to old Vegas or visit other areas outside of the strip.

Me and my wife dont mind walking, usually catch a couple of attractions. Besides, most of the time we end up with a drink or two so driving is a big no. The fact that you can walk around with a beer in hand on the strip makes it better
love vegas. I go 2-3 times a year. uber is great for getting around, or just walking.
little tip: if you bet $100 at the sports book, ask for a couple drink tickets, you get them for free. Fogo de Chao is supposed to be VERY good as "all you can eat meat".

Fogo de Chao is A++++ We have two here in LA, worth every penny but always very busy.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Uber/Taxi is good. I'd get reservations for Nobu then walk across the street for the "O" show. Someone said it before, don't sit up close. I sat in the second level last time and it was better by far than sitting in the first level. This evening should run you about $1,000 if you do the food and drink right, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread