Van's 13-5 Kit installed

raustin0017

Established Member
Just needed to post my thoughts. If you are holding back, like I did, to do this upgrade you ought to go ahead and do it. I can tell you it only takes the 1st drive to understand how much more throttle response there is, the increase in SC whine, and more power to the rear. My 14 was fast...but now it is a different beast. I have to get used to this new found power because it is a dramatic difference.

The install of the 65MM FR throttle Body, JTL's CAI, TR6 plugs, and running the Lund tune with the SCT tuner took less than 2 hours taking my time and double checking everything.

Installing the upper pulley and idler next week. Then a trip to the dyno to see the increase and will update when I get the numbers.

Next few weeks going to do the Raven Suspension System and ARH Long tubes.

BTW...Van's outstanding customer service is no joke and responds within a few minutes with email questions and always answers the phone. Thanks Van!!! Looking forward to the next step and your guidance

paluka21

Established Member
Congrats on the new found power.

I would be curious to see how much if any power you pick up with the JLT over the stock resonator and filter if it's possible to test them both?

stanger1

Established Member
I have been wanting to do that kit to my 13, but we only have 91 octane here and was worried that the 91 would not be enough as we are at 1320 above sea level.
From what I have read, even the stock Ford tuning is based on 93, so with the 91, I am already down on power.

paluka21

Established Member
I have been wanting to do that kit to my 13, but we only have 91 octane here and was worried that the 91 would not be enough as we are at 1320 above sea level.
From what I have read, even the stock Ford tuning is based on 93, so with the 91, I am already down on power.

So mod the car without adding boost. Gears, CAI (Steeda, PMAS, Whipple), throttle body, inlet, long tubes, mid pipe.

raustin0017

Established Member

Van offers a 91 tune and I'm pretty sure you will see a significant increase over stock if you do the 13-5 or 13-6 kit. Shoot him an email or call. My guess he has done several 91 tunes and can give you the approximate gain in power you will see. For the $$$ it is going to be hard to find a better deal for the increase in power.

raustin0017

Established Member

I would be curious to see how much if any power you pick up with the JLT over the stock resonator and filter if it's possible to test them both?

I did a stock dyno pull but did not do another one with just adding the CAI. Have seen videos before just with the JTL and I think you pick up 45 or so HP/Tq? Here is a link to American Muscle doing it in stages.

paluka21

Established Member
I did a stock dyno pull but did not do another one with just adding the CAI. Have seen videos before just with the JTL and I think you pick up 45 or so HP/Tq? Here is a link to American Muscle doing it in stages.

Yes, but that's also with a tune.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Just curious, on your Lund Tune, did you data log it or anything and send it back for revision?

I have heard and witnessed on my car...... that his initial tunes are very conservative.

I am not BASHING ANYONE.....just asking

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Revan Racing and Van are the best.

Just curious, on your Lund Tune, did you data log it or anything and send it back for revision?

I have heard and witnessed on my car...... that his initial tunes are very conservative.

I am not BASHING ANYONE.....just asking and maybe there is a tad bit o juice to still have from that piece of fruit

wait till you get LT's on...it'll be fun.

I have a VMP Gen2 for sale if you just wanna put some more pep in its step
His initial tunes are and need to be conservative, these 5.8s are on the edge with pump gas tuning and the knock sensors. I had great success with his base tune, but I've now moved to E85 and don't have to worry about the knock sensors and low timing.
-J

Beercules

Established Member

Ask Van. I live at 6000' and added a lower pulley. I only have 91 octane in my area and it works well. Knock sensors may pull some timing though. If you have the ngauge you can read knock retard.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
Another props to Van at Revan Racing!
I have purchased a number of things from him, most notably his C&R heat exchanger. I called his number one time and I could tell it directed to a cell phone because it sounded like he was checking out at a grocery store. No sweat though, he helped diagnose my issue and gave great service!

railroad

Established Member
Yeah, Van is your best friend, when you need someone to help you. Great kit, support and access. ,,,would like to meet him someday.

Van@RevanRacing

Just needed to post my thoughts. If you are holding back, like I did, to do this upgrade you ought to go ahead and do it. I can tell you it only takes the 1st drive to understand how much more throttle response there is, the increase in SC whine, and more power to the rear. My 14 was fast...but now it is a different beast. I have to get used to this new found power because it is a dramatic difference.

The install of the 65MM FR throttle Body, JTL's CAI, TR6 plugs, and running the Lund tune with the SCT tuner took less than 2 hours taking my time and double checking everything.

Installing the upper pulley and idler next week. Then a trip to the dyno to see the increase and will update when I get the numbers.

Next few weeks going to do the Raven Suspension System and ARH Long tubes.

BTW...Van's outstanding customer service is no joke and responds within a few minutes with email questions and always answers the phone. Thanks Van!!! Looking forward to the next step and your guidance

Thanks raustin! I appreciate the business and your patience while it all comes together.

A JLT CAI has a larger MAF area so a tune is absolutely 100% necessary and yes it does pick up additional power over the stock resonator and CAI. Back in 2012 when I first got my 13' GT500 I did test and I picked up 45 RWHP with just the CAI and the necessary tune.

Ford actually tunes these cars from the factory for 91 octane. The tunes are very conservative as well. They are afraid someone will attach a trailer hitch to the back of their GT500 and try to pull a 30,000 lb boat up a 30% grade!! All kidding aside they are very conservative on their tunes. The 13 series kits that we offer on the website are designed to open up the inlet to the supercharger and feed it more air. It's breathing through a snorkel and the kits are like a sewer pipe. More air, more boost and more power. The tunes by Lund Racing lean on the knock sensors just like Ford to prevent detonation. Lund always offers free tune review with their tunes so after installation you do a couple of data logs and send it in. If a revision is necessary they will send it and if not they will tell you it looks good.

Yes, but that's also with a tune.

Have to have a tune with any aftermarket CAI. Lund has left OEM timing and changed nothing but the MAF Curve for the larger CAI and it picked up HP. Just think how much easier it is to breath if you're underwater breathing through a straw or a garden hose for example.

I am not BASHING ANYONE.....just asking

This service has always been available with Lund Racing and Revan Racing Kits. They will review data logs for free and provide any revisions if necessary. The OP will be doing in this in the very near future.

Revan Racing and Van are the best.
His initial tunes are and need to be conservative, these 5.8s are on the edge with pump gas tuning and the knock sensors. I had great success with his base tune, but I've now moved to E85 and don't have to worry about the knock sensors and low timing.
-J

Thanks J-!

Another props to Van at Revan Racing!
I have purchased a number of things from him, most notably his C&R heat exchanger. I called his number one time and I could tell it directed to a cell phone because it sounded like he was checking out at a grocery store. No sweat though, he helped diagnose my issue and gave great service!

Thanks limitedex! Yes, I run my business from a cell phone and I'm not afraid to answer when and where I can. Sometimes even at the grocery store!

Yeah, Van is your best friend, when you need someone to help you. Great kit, support and access. ,,,would like to meet him someday.

Looking forward to meeting you one day as well railroad!

Thanks for all of the comments, replies and questions guys!

Van

Clemson

Established Member
You guys are making me want to spend money I dont have.......gonna get me in trouble with the wife!

Users who are viewing this thread